MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jul 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #1,726 of 3,265
  The right IEM is fine but the left piece has got to be defective glue or not enough was used.. can pull the entire silver piece out with no force needed at all.  The P1 is supposed to replace my Shure SE215.. although I do like how the Shure's is all one piece and not separate like the P1's are for this very reason.

I will buy another pair (I think off of B&H this time), so hopefully I receive a better pair from them.

I just got mine back from Mee,another filter issue​
Might be time for Mee to switch to ...Crazy Glue???

Mike

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,727 of 3,265
 I just got mine back from Mee,another filter issue​

Might be time for Mee to switch to ...Crazy Glue???

Mike

Is this a second pair, or did you get the first pair repaired by MEE? I've had some build quality issues before with MEE, which is one thing on a 50 dollar IEM, but it's one factor in why I never dropped 200 on the P1, despite its excellent sound quality reputation.

Jul 24, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,728 of 3,265
Mesh filters can come off any iem and often does over time depending on usage conditions. I've seen it happen on much more expensive Final Audio iems. The mesh filter in the P1's case is just to keep debris out of the housing; it does not affect SQ. The simple fix in my mind would be for Mee to provide or sell replacement filters.

Jul 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,729 of 3,265
Mesh filters can come off any iem and often does over time depending on usage conditions. I've seen it happen on much more expensive Final Audio iems. The mesh filter in the P1's case is just to keep debris out of the housing; it does not affect SQ. The simple fix in my mind would be for Mee to provide or sell replacement filters.

I noticed that too when I put the silver piece back into the housing.. the mesh filter just seems to be set in place with no glue or anything holding it into place. I figure an inadvertent touch with a finger nail or something similar would be enough to knock it out of place.

I hope my second pair from B&H doesn't have the glue/silver piece falling out problem that I had with my first pair. I figure once I get the silicone tip on, the mesh issue shouldn't be a problem. Problem may arise though if you ever need to clean wax/debris out of it though.

Build quality on the P1 apart from the housing.. IDK to be honest.

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,731 of 3,265
Sorry for the blurry picture but I think you should still be able to see what I'm referencing. How do you keep that part of the cable(at connector end) from untwisting?

I twisted the cable back together and added a small spot of Super Glue. One of mine was coming uweapped just like your picture; the other wasn't. I chose to be pre-emptive with the one which was not unwinding and Super Glue it also.

Some suggested using a small plastic bit of shrink wrap-tubing, almost like a memory tube.

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #1,732 of 3,265
I twisted the cable back together and added a small spot of Super Glue. One of mine was coming uweapped just like your picture; the other wasn't. I chose to be pre-emptive with the one which was not unwinding and Super Glue it also.

Some suggested using a small plastic bit of shrink wrap-tubing, almost like a memory tube.
this picture looks just like mine and luckily I've encountered no problems as of yet.

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,734 of 3,265
Is this a second pair, or did you get the first pair repaired by MEE? I've had some build quality issues before with MEE, which is one thing on a 50 dollar IEM, but it's one factor in why I never dropped 200 on the P1, despite its excellent sound quality

No,original pair

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,735 of 3,265
No,

I noticed that too when I put the silver piece back into the housing.. the mesh filter just seems to be set in place with no glue or anything holding it into place. I figure an inadvertent touch with a finger nail or something similar would be enough to knock it out of place.

I hope my second pair from B&H doesn't have the glue/silver piece falling out problem that I had with my first pair. I figure once I get the silicone tip on, the mesh issue shouldn't be a problem. Problem may arise though if you ever need to clean wax/debris out of it though.

Build quality on the P1 apart from the housing.. IDK to be ​

No,it does have glue on one side

Jul 26, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,736 of 3,265
got the p1 back in my ears! originally returned it since it was hard to drive out of a nexus 6, but i have the htc 10 now and bought the p1 again, great combo
have been playing with the tips, i think i like the foams best but not sure yet.. which tips do you guys like?

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,738 of 3,265
got the p1 back in my ears! originally returned it since it was hard to drive out of a nexus 6, but i have the htc 10 now and bought the p1 again, great combo
have been playing with the tips, i think i like the foams best but not sure yet.. which tips do you guys like?

Personal pref for the foams. The Comply's mostly. To me the silicone's just don't sound the best. They make the P1 sound weak and thin. This is my opinion only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back