MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jul 22, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1,711 of 3,265
  Back to the Pinnacle P1:

The Pinnacle P1 is an amazing accomplishment by MEE Audio that everybody and their grand paw paw should own. I think it is amazeballs, and more than a few others seem to think the same. There are some reviews out there. They are good and worth reading.

Discuss.

By all means 
beyersmile.png

@Brooko - Can't wait reading your P1 review.

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,712 of 3,265
I moved all the burn-in discussion to Sound Science - feel free to continue it on there

http://www.head-fi.org/t/815002/discussion-on-mee-p1-and-burn-in

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,714 of 3,265
After a few months, I'm still very happy with the P1.  In the end, it is still a little bass-light (no amp).  Adding a little bass with EQ has solved that problem nicely.  They are comfortable enough to lie on my side and they isolate well enough for travel.
I'm considering a portable amp.  I use my iPhone when I'm on the go, so I'm waiting for an inexpensive and small lightning connector amp.

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,719 of 3,265
Just received mine today and before I could even plug them in.. I put the ear foam on, put them into my ear to see the fit and when I went to take them out, the ear foam and the silver piece that goes into the IEM stayed in my ear. Seems the glue used to keep those two pieces together is not strong at all and when I try to take it out again this happens.

Pair I received was off of Amazon and was brand new.. looks to be a defective earpiece, let the RMA process begin and hope my 2nd pair has better luck.

Gutted :frowning2: 

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #1,720 of 3,265
i would definitely send it back and try another pair. Amazon is generally very easy and great to deal with returns. Being a Prime member helps me with the waiting part though :wink:
Sorry for your experience though, sounds like there are just a few bad ones with this problem. I bought mine on Amazon and have had no problems whatsoever, have yanked them in/out of my ears hundreds of times now as well as tip-rolling dozens... hope your next pair is perfect. They truly are great earbuds and worth another chance... Good Luck!

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,721 of 3,265
<snip>I bought mine on Amazon and have had no problems whatsoever, have yanked them in/out of my ears hundreds of times now as well as tip-rolling dozens...<snip>

Same experience here and all a-ok so far!
That said, after seeing a couple of these posts, I have already thought about how to address the issue if it happens to me at some point. I think I'd just use a micro-schmear of J-B Weld to fix them.

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,722 of 3,265
The right IEM is fine but the left piece has got to be defective glue or not enough was used.. can pull the entire silver piece out with no force needed at all.  The P1 is supposed to replace my Shure SE215.. although I do like how the Shure's is all one piece and not separate like the P1's are for this very reason.

I will buy another pair (I think off of B&H this time), so hopefully I receive a better pair from them.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #1,723 of 3,265
Opened the package and was very impressed at the housing. It had a nice balance of heft but also not too heavy to be uncomfortable. Took a quick look at the cable and was surprised to feel that the two cables' sheathing feel very different. Can't wait to plug them into the Q1.

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,724 of 3,265
Opened the package and was very impressed at the housing. It had a nice balance of heft but also not too heavy to be uncomfortable. Took a quick look at the cable and was surprised to feel that the two cables' sheathing feel very different. Can't wait to plug them into the Q1.

You'll fall madly in love once they meet the Q1 lol! :D

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #1,725 of 3,265
You'll fall madly in love once they meet the Q1 lol! :D
This is about 20 minutes into listening, the first ten minutes I couldn't find my Q1. I was streaming music from Youtube without the Q1, and it wasn't noticebly poor(the recording). I had expected the P1 to reveal the lower quality recording but it didn't do so, and I was (secretly) pleasantly surprised. But I could HEAR it wasn't the P1's full potential. Granted, it sounded great, but I had high expectations for the P1 and I knew it could do better. I finally found the Q1 and immediately I knew I had to put away the youtube streaming. Prior the the P1, I had used the Fidue A73 and noticed little to no changes in sound besides volume with the Fiio Q1, as it didn't require more amping. But with the P1, I'm so glad I have it. I played some FLAC files without, and then with the Q1 and was glad to hear that it provided substantially higher fidelity than the A73. And this was all OOTB! Can't wait to get some mental burn-in with these and uh maybe physical burn in if that exists. So yeah, these aren't coming off my ears for a while. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back