Medicine to soothe throat?
Jan 26, 2008 at 8:29 AM Post #31 of 72
Hi Kirosia, try to find this chinese medicine in your nearest chinatown or asian supermarket Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa

It's the best medicine for cough and sore throat and it's taste sweet too.

450px-Nin_Jiom.JPG

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #32 of 72
Warm tea with honey. Thats all you need...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #34 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warm tea with honey. Thats all you need...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, hot tea with honey gives some relief for a while. Plus honey is healthy and speeds up recovery process, as does any food with lots of vitamines. Also anything cold like icecream will give some help in numbing way, but it obviously has no curative properties...
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #38 of 72
warm or cold water depending on preference
2-3 tablespoons of honey
Juice from ~1/3 Lemon

I SWEAR by this whenever my throat is bothering me. I was on vacation last month at Disneyland, just getting over a sore throat/cough. One day it was really cold, damp and I was yelling / screaming with my kids on roller coasters. By the evening I couldn't even talk, my voice was shot and on the verge of going for good. That evening I simmered in a hot shower, inhaling the steam and sipped the honey/lemon drink throughout the next morning. By mid-day my throat was completely healed. My parents were SHOCKED.

I had an ex-co worker ~6 months ago who lost his voice completely. He was struggling with it for 2-3 days. I told him about the honey drink and within a day his throat was healed completely and he could talk again.

Give it a shot... it tastes pretty good too. I drink it all the time now, its healthier than sodas and works well in allergy season. If you use locally grown honey, it helps build your allergy immunities too, if you're allergic to pollen.

if that doesn't work I usually use a throat spray, vics or Chloraseptic.

Jan 27, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #39 of 72
The salt water gargle works but I find rather unpleasant, some of the salt water usually gets swallowed
frown.gif

Hot, strong tea (irish style blend) with honey and ginger (a LOT of ginger
biggrin.gif
) worked very, very well for me when I got a sore throat in addition to feeling rather unwell the day before my final exams started, so much so I even felt halfway normal during the exam!

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #40 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Kirosia, try to find this chinese medicine in your nearest chinatown or asian supermarket Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa

It's the best medicine for cough and sore throat and it's taste sweet too.

450px-Nin_Jiom.JPG

This man speaks the truth. Instant relief.

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #42 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The salt water gargle works but I find rather unpleasant, some of the salt water usually gets swallowed
frown.gif

Yea, but it's actually a good idea to swallow a little salt water since you'll be able to reach some of the flem that might be lining the furthest reaches of the mouth/throat. Nasties in the flem can be causing inflammation.

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #43 of 72
Throats killing me... I've been gargling salt water but it only helps a little. We have honey but... it's been there for awhile... must do homework... pain... PAIN....

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #45 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honey never goes bad. Really. Honey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get better.

The one in my cabinet doesn't look right.
frown.gif

Thanks, I'm starting to feel more and more lucid. Why I had to get sick the first week of school, I dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back