Media player software that allows selection of sound output device?
Jun 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rickdanger

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I have two sound output devices installed in my main PC, HT amp is connected to the mobo onboard outputs and headphones connected to the soundcard.

I use PowerDVD for video playback and there is no option to choose which sound device to use so I set the onboard sound to be the system default.

And I use iTunes/WMP for listening to music which also doesn't have an option to choose which output deivce to use, so I have to change the default to be the soundcard before I run the app.

Is there any audio playback software that allows selection of the sound output device? That way I could leave onboard as the system default so PowerDVD, IE etc uses that, and use the soundcard for when I am listening to music only.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Most of the third-party media players will allow you to choose which audio interface to use. The big exceptions being WMP and iTunes.

I use J. River Media Center. Or you can try J. River Media Jukebox which is their freeware offering (does audio only, no video). Media Center does video and DVD playback, also has a feature of multiple playback zones. Media Jukebox will do ASIO playback. Media Center will do both ASIO and WASAPI for bitperfect playback.

Many of the other players like Foobar2000, MediaMonkey, and many others will also allow you to choose which audio interface to use.

Jun 20, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 6
you could also leave them on defaut output, and use this : Quick Sound Switch

would only for MME/DS, though...I think.

SystemTray.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back