Mechanical watch demagnetizing
Oct 25, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 5
I'd recommend sending it in, though there are a few DIY methods out there if you Google.

Are you sure it's a problem with magnetization?  It might be dirty or need an adjustment, as well.

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 5
Like Uncle Erik asks, are you sure the problem you're having is the result of magnetization? In any case, unless you really know what you're doing inside the watch case, I'd just as well send it it (if it is still under warranty) or hand it off to a local watchmaker/repair man who would be able to help you out.

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I'd recommend sending it in, though there are a few DIY methods out there if you Google.

Are you sure it's a problem with magnetization?  It might be dirty or need an adjustment, as well.

Yea, my fault totally.  I rushed into a 3 Tesla MRI.  I had sense to drop my phone, but forgot the watch.

I did an internet search (Bing!) and found some methods, I was kinda looking for someone here that may have tried out one of the methods.

I'm leaning towards sending it in, but still open to further advice and recommendation.

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 5
biggrin.gif
Yep, that sounds like a magnetic problem alright.

From what I've seen of the DIY methods, it doesn't look like you have to open it up. Also, I don't think you could make anything worse if you tried it and it didn't work. So you might want to give it a try, especially since they'll probably bundle a cleaning and fresh gaskets into the repair if you send it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back