MDR-XB920 or Sennheiser HD 518?
Jul 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
They're completely different headphones- you're trying to compare apples to oranges here.

What this guy said.  The Sennheiser hd518's are nice though.  If you can get them for cheap you can't go wrong.  My friend has a pair and loves them.  My AD900x's spoiled me with their sweet soundstage so I would prefer the 518's to have a bit wider soundstage but that's just me. 

Jul 22, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 7
What kind of music do you listen to?
Do you prefer lots of bass, good vocals and instruments, or lots of details the most?
Do you intend to use them portably, or only at home?
What will you be plugging them into?

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 7
I listen to electronic music, but i'm kind that eclectic. I'm not really aN audiophile so a good sound is enough. I want to use them portably. I will probably plug it into my computer at home and outsite i shall use an ipod or my cellphone (LUMIA 710).

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 7
To be honest, from what I've heard of similar products in the line and from reviews I've read on the forum, neither one of these headphones are a very good fit for what you want. Assuming that you've yet to begin your audiophile journey, I'd recommend you get a pair of Creative Aurvana Live!. They're fairly inexpensive, they suit your music preferences well (a slight nudge towards bass), and they're very portable and easy to use effectively out of almost any device.

Let your ears adjust and adapt towards those before you start looking into the mid-tier headphones, if you wish to get better gear after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back