MDR V6 with mp3 players?
Mar 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ehreiyc

New Head-Fier
I read that many higher end headphones require amps and such for mp3 players and the like, and for this reason the grado sr60i's would be a good choice for ipods.

However, i wanted a pair that doesnt leak, so ive set my eyes on the mdr v6's. opinions?

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 9
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's that I use as a portable for my Mp3 player when I go to the library. It has roughly the same impedance as the V6's and works very well unamped. So you shouldn't have any problems with power.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 9
I agree, just know that power does matter. The sound on your PC or (big) CD-player will be fuller sounding in some cases.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 9
I used the MDR-V6 for years with portable sources and no separate amp. No problem, sound just fine. As an added bonus, they seal fairly well, so your sound leakage to the outside world will be relatively low...good for wearing in public places.

Mar 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 9
I used to run the MDR-V6 straight out of an iPod. It sounds great and I was happy with the combination for a long time. Until I found this place.
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #9 of 9
I have a pair of MDR-7506's which are pretty much the same cans and they work fine out of any source. Ive used them from ipods, cell phone/mp3 players, my laptop and they have always sounded good. They do however sound better hooked up to a good receiver or headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back