MDR-V6 Mods
Dec 3, 2006 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

kaosjester

New Head-Fier
I've owned a pair of Sony's V6s for about 4 months now, and I was wondering what common mods are done to them to improve sound quality, etc.

Thanks
rs1smile.gif

Dec 3, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 23
not necessarily a mod per se, but fitting the V6s w/ Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads help w/ isolation and sound quality IIRC.

Dec 11, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not necessarily a mod per se, but fitting the V6s w/ Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads help w/ isolation and sound quality IIRC.

I did this with my 7506's and noticed an improvement in bass output and much better noise isolation. And of course, comfort is greatly improved.

Jan 12, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 23
This isn't a mod--but has anyone *intentionally* removed the "for DIGITAL" sticker on the sides of the MDR-V6?

These seem pretty cheesy to me. Being pretty sure I won't wind up selling mine--I'm just itching to tear those off.

And if those pads weren't out of stock at B&H I'd be all over them. The stock pads definitely leave something to be desired.

Jan 12, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This isn't a mod--but has anyone *intentionally* removed the "for DIGITAL" sticker on the sides of the MDR-V6?

These seem pretty cheesy to me. Being pretty sure I won't wind up selling mine--I'm just itching to tear those off.

And if those pads weren't out of stock at B&H I'd be all over them. The stock pads definitely leave something to be desired.

removing that ugly pink digital sticker was the first time I did to my V6, even before burn-in.
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by LedZeppelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
removing that ugly pink digital sticker was the first time I did to my V6, even before burn-in.
biggrin.gif

Just tore mine off... shame though, took me a few minutes to do it cleanly and it meant missing 1 whole billy joel song!

Everybody loves you now! Shopping for DT250 pads now; If I find some around 25$ they're ordered.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Edit: Found some for 24.50 shipped. Looking forward to wrapping them onto my cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 23
This is a bit embarrassing. I got the Beyer pads a few months ago, tried unsuccessfully to install the pads and separate foam covers, and eventually gave up. The covers would always scrunch up. Did you guys glue them together?

I was hoping not to have to glue them together, but I may have to if they're to be of use.

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tore mine off... shame though, took me a few minutes to do it cleanly and it meant missing 1 whole billy joel song!

Everybody loves you now! Shopping for DT250 pads now; If I find some around 25$ they're ordered.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Edit: Found some for 24.50 shipped. Looking forward to wrapping them onto my cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking for a pair of these, mind telling me where you found them?

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead364 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a pair of these, mind telling me where you found them?

Wait until I get mine and then I'll give you the go ahead to order them, because the last thing I want as a new member is to be accused of spreading bad links. I took my chance ordering from a site I don't know anything about (maybe you guys do) but I used google checkout hoping it'd be a decent condom.
wink.gif

Here's the link though. Order at your own risk because until I get my cushions I ain't endorsing.

Professional Sound Services: Beyer Dynamic Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280, Sony MDR7506 and Sony V6

The fact that they advertise as being useful for the Sony V6 and MDR7506 is impressive and looks good to me though.

Jul 14, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead364 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get your order in before the disclaimered "back order" status below the pic? Hope so, otherwise they wont ship till late July.

I didn't read that... so no. Dammit. Oh well, I'll be on the order list and I can be okay with that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't read that... so no. Dammit. Oh well, I'll be on the order list and I can be okay with that.
smily_headphones1.gif

You could always cancel your order and wait for B&H, which is much more reputable, thats what I am planning.

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #15 of 23
So I'm totally drunk right now and stumbling around my apartment I see a pair of these...

Razer Barracudaâ„¢ HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones | Buy Online

And I can say that the ear guards are causing a lot of muffling because there's only earguard where the headphone hits my head AROUND my ear now and it sounds better as there's less veil due to elss foam. When you look at the backside of stock pads there's a lot of foam there. Here it's just velour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back