MDR-SA5000 in US for $380
Mar 20, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #61 of 203
edit

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #62 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by backdrifter
BigD, I also agree with you but if you want these, they are the only game in town right now. That will probably change in a week, but right now, with the people on this site, that's like telling the crack-head to boycott the drug dealer.

But hey, since it's too late for my boycott, I say go for it!

Make sure how everything works out for you. Just hate to see people behaving such way. Not coooool at all.

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #63 of 203
edit

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #64 of 203
edit

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #65 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Wow...raising prices is probably within their right but I think it is bad practice...

Has anyone received confirmation of order at the low $380.00 price?

Better still - has anyone received their headsets?

i was lucky enough to get my order in at $380 and have already received an order confirmation from them for that price plus shipping. i have yet to receive a notice from them saying that they won't honor the price but we'll see what happens tomorrow. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't honor the price since they quickly raised their prices after head-fiers started invading their site.

Mar 20, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #66 of 203
Right now it is $449.00...somethimes this headups, screw things for the ones interested, and give time to the rest of the dealers to move in the underground and get the prices rised...

Mar 20, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #67 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
i was lucky enough to get my order in at $380 and have already received an order confirmation from them for that price plus shipping. i have yet to receive a notice from them saying that they won't honor the price but we'll see what happens tomorrow. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't honor the price since they quickly raised their prices after head-fiers started invading their site.

Yeah, got my order confirmation email too @ $380 + shipping. They haven't charged my CC yet - we'll see!

Mar 20, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #68 of 203
If they were any good at marketing and selling they should have realized that if they priced it just a little lower than audiocubes...say at $500.00 then they could have bigger margins. Then they would have had the luxury of lowering price over time...

This is pure nonsense...

Mar 20, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #69 of 203
Yeah, they noticed they were getting a few customers from somewhere so started to raise the price to make more. But they should have had a sale or something and not just keep raising the price. It's as if they are not sure what price to give them.... "should we lower the price and sell lots or raise it and sell fewer but maybe make more profit?"
rolleyes.gif

At least the people who bought their headphones when they just came out won't feel so bad anymore as the price rises a little.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #70 of 203
Maybe they haven't even heard of AudioCubes since headphones aren't their main product. I'd assume that they have a better idea of what their camera selling competitors' prices are. I'm still at a loss at how they can sell the SA5000 at $380 but hopefully for everyone's sake, that's where the price that these cans will settle at in the long run. My credit card not been charged by them either but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll honor the price.

Mar 21, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #72 of 203
Just a reminder that $449 is still the lowest price on the market. That is slightly lower than the lowest price I have seen here in Tokyo.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 21, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #73 of 203
Funny thing is, if they started at $500 and lowered to $450.. there'd be swarms of people lining up to buy

Mar 21, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #74 of 203
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
Funny thing is, if they started at $500 and lowered to $450.. there'd be swarms of people lining up to buy

So true. Personally, though, now that the price has gone up to $450, I think I'll wait till they start showing up on FS forum to try them out.

Mar 21, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #75 of 203
Quote:

That will probably change in a week, but right now, with the people on this site, that's like telling the crack-head to boycott the drug dealer.

biggrin.gif

Quote:

By the way, for the contrarian anti-fotm guys (of whom I would be one had I not heard the Qualias), their is someone doing a Buy-it-Now on Ebay on the HD-650 for $299.
evil_smiley.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...761483327&rd=1

$299? That can’t be a good Headphone then.
evil_smiley.gif

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back