mdr-cd2000 or mdr-sa3000
Feb 6, 2010 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Justice Strike

100+ Head-Fier
I'm considering buying a mdr-cd2000 for 130 euro. But it seems to be a steep price. Especially when the mdr-sa3000 seems to be not that much more expensive (new).

So what are your opinions about it? before contemplating more expensive headphones. I really need a pair that will peform with a laptop or a optical dac. My next laptop will probably be a sony laptop that has either optical out or a headphone out. Which means a 3.5 mm jack or a sperate dac (i'm not sure if i want to buy that though)

anyway what is your opinion? 130 euro for a cd2000 sounds like a steep price for me thought... that's why i'm contemplating the sa3000

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 8
the only thing I can say is that the sa3k is said to sound very wonky, and another guy who had owned the cd2k for ages and bought a cd3k few years later said that there simply was no comparison...the cd3k killed it in every department.

better save some money and get a sa5k from ebay or sumthing?

photo546to7.jpg

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 8
ok... so i ask a comparison between the cd2000 and the sa3000 and i get comparisons between the cd2000 and the cd3000 and an advice to buy a mdr-sa5000.

i was considering the sa5000... but i simply cannot dish out the money for it. And i'm going to be using it with a laptop... perhaps with an dac at best. That's why i chose the two i wanted comments on.

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 8
well the cd2k is newer than the 3k, so I could have been much better...but it's most likely half-*rsed like the cd1700.

the sa3k is also said to sound pretty bad...I don't deal w/ crappy sounding headphones, reason why I honestly advised to save some more and get a (possibly used) sa5k from ebay or from the sales section here on headfi...we only live once
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well the cd2k is newer than the 3k, so I could have been much better...but it's most likely half-*rsed like the cd1700.

the sa3k is also said to sound pretty bad...I don't deal w/ crappy sounding headphones, reason why I honestly advised to save some more and get a (possibly used) sa5k from ebay or from the sales section here on headfi...we only live once
wink.gif

Yes we only live once indeed (unless your a hindu). I'm happy to buy the mdr-sa5000. Since we only live once why not sell out some cash for me, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 8
why not getting a second hand d2k then? you could have a hell lot of fun modding it
smily_headphones1.gif

anyway the cd2k was top of the line at its time, and the sa3k is a cheapo sa5k(same drivers I think)...I'd go w/ the cd2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back