MDR-7506 Fixing cable.
Mar 31, 2012 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cam3ron

Member of the Trade
The coiled cable on my new pair of 7506s has become tangly and ugly. It is coiling the wrong way sometimes and is stretched out to the point of very loose coils. A google search showed me how to bake a phone cable, but that isn't possible with these relatively expensive headphones. Any help besides: "I dunno, spin it around your finger", would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 5
The coiled cable on my new pair of 7506s has become tangly and ugly. It is coiling the wrong way sometimes and is stretched out to the point of very loose coils. A google search showed me how to bake a phone cable, but that isn't possible with these relatively expensive headphones. Any help besides: "I dunno, spin it around your finger", would be greatly appreciated.

i don't believe that can be fixed

i know how to untangle coil cables, but it's a long and frustrating process and i have no idea how to describe it

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 5
Sorry to piggyback your thread, but my issue is related and answers might be beneficial to both of us (hopefully!).
5 years ago I bought an MDR 7506, which someone sat on, months after I got it. The jack is actually broken off at the base, with a small thread of metal keeping it on at all. I took it to an audio shop who said they could fix it, but using third-party replacements. I was worried about quality loss though, so I said no. Would anyone have an idea of how to replace the cable?

I do have a pair of HD 280 Pro, but I've been itching to hear the old Sony's again since they broke :p

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 5
My father simply replaced the cable for me on my MDR-7506's, I couldn't stand the coiled cable. I had it changed for a flat twin cable. 

Ultimately I ended up with a shorter cable overall, but gained more functionality in return. Perhaps you can consider that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back