Mdr 1abt?
Feb 26, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #16 of 59

Since it hasn't been up for sale yet, and no formal announcement has been made regarding the availability/pricing in the US, the creation of the page seems to me an indication that they're expecting it to be available at that time for the listed price. This is new info as far as I know.

Agreed.  The new information is a) the US pricing and b) confirmed US availability at launch, which was not the case with 1RBTMK2.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 59
Qobuz website has a price of €349 euro in their, preliminary (so far), review.

For comparison, the 1aDAC had a €299 price.

And was £249 in the UK.

So logically I hope the UK price of the 1aBT should be £290 or less.

I'm hoping to get one if they are as good as my 1aDAC playing 96khz files.

Donno if the 1aBT can cope with higher resolution files tho??

As in 176.4khz/192khz files???

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #18 of 59
Qobuz website has a price of €349 euro in their, preliminary (so far), review.

For comparison, the 1aDAC had a €299 price.

And was £249 in the UK.

So logically I hope the UK price of the 1aBT should be £290 or less.

I'm hoping to get one if they are as good as my 1aDAC playing 96khz files.

Donno if the 1aBT can cope with higher resolution files tho??

As in 176.4khz/192khz files???

I would imagine that the 1ADAC and the 1ABT have the same DACs.  Both of these are definitely capable of playing 24 bit / 192 khz files, but if this is mainly what you are after that I would pass on the 1ABT as the hi-res capability is not available over bluetooth (although I'd like more information on Sony's new LDAC codec).

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #19 of 59
I would of agreed on that tha 1aBT AND 1aDAC have the same dac(smaster amp) but the battery life diferance is making me think otherwise.

7h vs 30h !!

LDAC can do 96khz (no word so far about 88.4khz but I'd assume so) but I've read nothing online about higher resolutions supported (176.4khz/192khz)

So maybe a more efficient DAC/amp has been used that's 96khz capped/max...??

So that's where some of the battery saving would come from??

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #21 of 59
So anyone got these already? Sony websites are filling with MDR-1ABT product, saying it is going to be available in the middle of april.
Price is surprisingly about the same as older MDR-1RBT.

I'm very interested in comparison between MDR-1RBT (as I got these) and MDR-1ABT, if it's worth to upgrade.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #23 of 59
I managed to get one
bigsmile_face.gif

To my untrained ears, 1ABT sounds better than 1RBT MK2 (tried it on my aptx devices [Xperia Z2 and PC with aptx dongle]).  The bass sounds better while the high and mid are still very clear.
The touch control is cool and easy to use, but it takes a bit of time getting used to it  :)

I love my 1RBT MK2, but I love this can even more.... lol
Too bad I don't have LDAC compatible device to try the new Codec (although the aptx still sounds very good).  But overall, I'm not disappointed and very satisfy with my purchase.
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 59
  Can you provide a bit more detail on this perception?

Sorry, I'm not very good at describing because I'm quite a noob at this ^_^;
I think it feels more powerful/punchier than 1RBT MK2 while not drowning the mid and high.
The music still sounds detailed and crisp/clear.  In fact, I noticed some notes/instruments that I didn't catch on 1RBT MK2.

For me, the 1ABT is a good improvement over the 1RBT MK2.  And maybe the LDAC would sound even better
smile.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #26 of 59
@ravdo: Do you have an Apple device (iPhone, iPad) at hand that you could test?
The MDR-1RBT had skipping of the first few secs of a track. Only Apple devices were affected. I never could test the MDR-1RBT MK2 to see if Sony fixed that specific problem, but I hope that the MDR-1ABT will be fine with my iPhone 6.

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #27 of 59
  @ravdo: Do you have an Apple device (iPhone, iPad) at hand that you could test?
The MDR-1RBT had skipping of the first few secs of a track. Only Apple devices were affected. I never could test the MDR-1RBT MK2 to see if Sony fixed that specific problem, but I hope that the MDR-1ABT will be fine with my iPhone 6.

My friend once tested my 1RBT MK2 on his iPhone 6, and he said it works great (no delay or skipping).  Maybe sony has fixed that issue with the MK2, or maybe the new iOS fixed it.

And looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIAlvHV2vI MDR-1ABT should work fine with iPhones too :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #28 of 59
  I managed to get one
bigsmile_face.gif

To my untrained ears, 1ABT sounds better than 1RBT MK2 (tried it on my aptx devices [Xperia Z2 and PC with aptx dongle]).  The bass sounds better while the high and mid are still very clear.
The touch control is cool and easy to use, but it takes a bit of time getting used to it  :)

I love my 1RBT MK2, but I love this can even more.... lol
Too bad I don't have LDAC compatible device to try the new Codec (although the aptx still sounds very good).  But overall, I'm not disappointed and very satisfy with my purchase.
biggrin.gif

Where did you buy it? They don't list it or the price on Sony.com. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #29 of 59
If you're in the US, you can get it on eBay. There are a couple options to have it shipped from Japan. Otherwise, Amazon has some listings, but nothing official, so warranty support will be a crapshoot. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #30 of 59
  If you're in the US, you can get it on eBay. There are a couple options to have it shipped from Japan. Otherwise, Amazon has some listings, but nothing official, so warranty support will be a crapshoot. 

Yeah, ebay is too risky for such an expensive item. Dang it!! 

MDR-1RBTMK2 might be my other option if I won't wait for the 1ABT to officially release in USA.. Wasn't the 1ABT supposed to release in MARCH in the USA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back