Mdr 1abt?
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

dylanmcbean0819

New Head-Fier
I have just recently looked at sonys mdr 1rbt. Doing some research and they seem to be very good so i looked for them on ebay and found a decent deal. After seeing this i also saw that sony had just released the mdr 1a. So i am posting this to ask if i should just get the 1rbt ir wait until sony releases a bluetooth version of the mdr 1a. I appreciate the help.

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #4 of 59
Does anyone have more info about these cans? I saw Sony put up a page but there is no price/date info.

I'm in the market for a good pair of Bluetooth/sound canceling cans and these seem to fit the bill. 

Wonder how they will compare with the B&O H8.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #8 of 59
More importantly I hope that the march 21th release date that's mentioned on the kakaku.com site is correct and that the release in the US and Europe is ideally only a few days/weeks behind.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #9 of 59
Looks like Sony Europe issued a press release yesterday listing the MDR-1ABT as coming to Europe in May. Not sure what implications that may have for those of us in the US, but sadly it probably won't be in March like the earlier indications from Asia had us hoping.

http://presscentre.sony.eu/pressreleases/easy-listening-it-s-all-yours-with-four-new-bluetooth-r-headphones-from-sony-1120308

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 59
As an unsatisfied Sennheiser Momentum Wireless owner I am definitely looking forward to what the Sony MDR-1ABT will have in store.
Compared to the Sennheiser I expect bassheavier cans and hope for a more stable bluetooth connection. Not to keen on the touch controls though.
Too bad that they won't be foldable.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 59
I have experience with the MDR-1A but had issues with one of the cups rubbing behind one of my ears. So I sent them back and re-ordered another new pair of the MDR-1A's. In my opinion the MDR-1A's sound beautiful and amazing. A lot of people seem to think otherwise of them but as I've said before on here I think people are a little bias towards Sony for the most part. When I sent the MDR-1A's back I looked around for something similar that I might like. When looking I looked at headphones in the same price range, build and quality. In my opinion I couldn't find anything else that might have sounded as good as the Sony's in that price range and the Sony's I'm sure sound better than some more expensive headphones. I was willing to spend $400 to $450 possibly but I kept coming back to the Sony's every time and I'm a very very open person. But to me I was blown away with the Sony's and loved the sound, build and everything. I'm amazed and I wish people would give them more of chance than they do and not compare them to the MDR-1R's. A lot of people didn't care for certain aspects of the MDR-1R's and with these Sony has fixed all those things a lot. I believe some people hate on the MDR-1A's because they tested the MDR-1R's and hated them, or they tried them for an hour in a store or they are spreading just what they have read on the internet. Again this is all just my opinion and I don't claim to be the best at audio but I know what sounds good. I've have played music for around 17 years and I'm an multi instrumentalist and my ears are very sensitive to sound and I pick up music very well. With my history of playing music, recording and being a multi instrumentalist I find these to be beautiful and wonderful. If anyone every thought the MDR-1R's sounded great or amazing than they will certainly love these. Plus the build quality and comfort is amazing.

I have not experienced using bluetooth headphones but in my opinion I don't like the idea of wireless transmission as in the back of my head I think it might take the quality of sound down but that's just me thinking that, not sure if there is any truth or evidence to support that. But knowing they are the same thing basically as the MDR-1A's but bluetooth and if they sound anything like the MDR-1A's than I'd say go for it. But that's just me. 

My new MDR-1A's should be here tomorrow. I got them sent out next day delivery from B&H Photo for only $20 so I couldn't beat that lol. Last time I ordered them from Amazon and next day delivery was $50 so yeah lol.

Again this is all my opinion and we all have one. Just being a musician for most of my life and a trained ear they sound wonderful and beautiful - but this is my ears :) I'm sure someone would argue against this but you know what they say about opinions.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #13 of 59
Well, seemingly good news for those of us in the US. Amazon just posted a listing for the MDR-1ABT/S, the silver variant. It's listed as "Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks," and priced at $399.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR1ABT-Hi-Res-Bluetooth-headphones/dp/B00TIAYQEY/

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #15 of 59
Doesn't that just mean it's on back order?

Since it hasn't been up for sale yet, and no formal announcement has been made regarding the availability/pricing in the US, the creation of the page seems to me an indication that they're expecting it to be available at that time for the listed price. This is new info as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back