MD33S or EX51/71
Sep 27, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #17 of 37
i have both the md-33s and the ex-71. i would say the md-33s is better but not by much. another thing i like about the md-33s is that it has lower resistance than the ex-71, thus go louder at less volume. both of these phones come with 3 pairs of soft tips.

Sep 27, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orestes
i have both the md-33s and the ex-71. i would say the md-33s is better but not by much. another thing i like about the md-33s is that it has lower resistance than the ex-71, thus go louder at less volume. both of these phones come with 3 pairs of soft tips.

Could you comment on the fit?

I have really small ear canals

Sep 27, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #19 of 37
Just got the MD33S headphones and I definitely enjoy these more than the last listening session I had with the EX71s. Both experiences were with my iPod Mini, so that should give you information about the source in question. Decent bass, no shrillness up top, good stuff.

Sep 28, 2004 at 1:08 PM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450

Yes, please. Also, how flush are they against your outer ear? Would it be easy and aesthetic to wear a ski hat over them, for example?

Oct 11, 2004 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 37
wow, its split.
eek.gif

attachment.php

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450

The MD33 come with 3 sizes of rubber tips, just like the EX51/71.
The Sharp tips are a little bit smaller than the corresponding Sony tips. So you should be fine.

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
Do the MD33S come with more than one ear peice? I know the ex71 comes with 3 different sizes which makes them a good choice for buying my pa some canal phones for aeroplane flights.. i wouldn't wanna get him the md33s to find out that they dont fit well. The ex71s are very comfortable.

The MD33 are just as comfortable and versatile (they come with 3 tips as well).

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
also, is the 4 polar plug thing any problem when using a normal device? does it need a convertor or is it hapy to work on a standard headphone jack?

If you use the 4 pole plug in a normal headphone jack, you will only hear one channel. So you need to either use the included adaptor/extension cord or modify the plug by some soldering (as I did).

I have both the EX70 (not 71) and the MD33 and the Sharps win hands down in terms of sound quality. Much more detailed and balanced, while still having a powerful but not overpowering bass.
The down sides: The short cord + extension cord (same as EX71, I assume). I would prefer a single normal length cable (such as EX51). Also, the cord on the MD33 is somewhat stiffer and more microphonic than the one on my EX70.

Oct 12, 2004 at 8:49 AM Post #30 of 37
Just a word on the extension cord system used with the ex71s... I love it. If you use an ipod remote it lets you plug into the remote with a short cable instead of having to deal with loads of extra cable. Very nice for cycling! And yes bass is bloated but its fun. I actually think violin comes across pretty well. Upper treble is average to poor but overall these cans do the job well while staying securely in your ears (essential on those long down hills).

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back