MD/VA/DC Meet Impressions thread!
Apr 8, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #136 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
How long do they last?

I haven't gotten a chance to test them, but the ones in mine (aka: the one at the meet) are 1000mAh AAAs. I got them the day before I dropped the amp off for the meet, only ran them for about 15 hours.

Theoretically, AAA alkaline batteries will last 50-60 hours, 750mAh will last about 20... I figure these should last at least 30 on a recharge. (yes, you re-charge them internally)

Apr 10, 2005 at 3:04 PM Post #137 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
how was the GS-1 compared to the (Veda Audio) dynahi? they are similar in price, but what about their performance?

The problem is that although I heard both, I wound up spending much more time overall with the GS-1 than the Dynahi. I also spent some time with GS-1 the next day, and a Dynahi was not present then. So, I'm not going to make any direct comparison, because exposure time and direct A/B just wasn't long enough. However, I heard enough from the GS-1 that it is now on my short list of solid state amps I can recommend without reservation. This amp is warm, smooth and fast. Good wide stage, with depth to it.

It's been a long time since a solid state amp got me excited. The GS-1 is one of three amps that I heard (one is not yet commercially available) that bode very well for the new generation of solid state amps.

Apr 10, 2005 at 3:09 PM Post #138 of 141
Now in afterthought, I wish I would have done some comparisons to Mikhail's new SS with the GS-1. Both sounded excellent in their own venues.

Apr 20, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #139 of 141
Kinda late in posting this, but my favorite setups at the meet:

Pioneer 563sA --> Ack DACK 2.0 --> Rockhopped Audio M3-->Grado RS1. Excellent sound! Very lively and detailed! Made me want the Ack Dack so badly I picked one up the next day.

Esoteric 50V-->Radii Audio Hap-03 w/ tube rectified power supply -->Senn 650s w/ Silver Dragon cable. Total fun. Best I've heard my Senns sound, especially with the silver dragon cable. Must have it!!! I'm going to add myself to the wait list for the Radii Audio HAP-03.

Senn HE-60s(?) Not sure I got the number right, but as soon as I put these on, I was like, "Oh, God, these sound awesome but they're so ****ing expensive." I put them down and refused to listen further. Can't go there yet.

There were more cool finds. My Grace m902 held its own against the Ack Dack, though the sound was more engaging/euphonic to me with the Ack Dack 2.0. The Grace was cleaner and more neutral.

Plus I want a pair of the AKG K1000s someday. They were very cool and I liked the way they gripped my temples.

There were other pieces of equipment I liked, but these stood out most to me.

Apr 20, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #140 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
Plus I want a pair of the Audio Technica K1000s someday.

lol.

tell me when you find such a headphone.
wink.gif
AKG anyone?

Apr 20, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #141 of 141
d'oh! i have brand name dyslexia.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back