MD meet on June 19 (DC Area stop on Headroom Tour)
May 28, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #17 of 41
We're at roughly 18 people so far. There are still seven open slots before I have to get creative.

Note that I didn't post a start time. If initial demand was high, I was thinking about splitting the day into two groups, an early one and a late one. Since it doesn't look like this will be necessary, we'll call the start time 1:00 pm, if that works for everyone. If I have your email address, you'll get detailed directions via email around a week prior to the meet (I'm in Rockville MD, 20852, just off Parklawn Dr if you need to get an early estimation of where to come from Mapquest). If I don't have your email address, please get it to me at moehoward9000@mindspring.com. Please put "Head-Fi" somewhere in the header to get past my spam blocker (ignore any messages that it sends you, I'll get the email).

I have not been actively soliciting manufacturers, but a couple are likely to be here. If you're a manufacturer and would like your gear represented, please contact me (everyone's welcome; I'm just not actively soliciting).

I have absolutely no idea how I'm fitting all of Tyll's tables in here, but I'm working on it
tongue.gif

May 28, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #18 of 41
Well, I've always wanted to meet you in person Hirsch. It'll be a three hour drive and I don't have much gear with me, but sign me up!
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #19 of 41
We're unofficially at about 22 people, so there are very few slots left. Please let me know if you're planning to come (or have to drop off the list). I'll send directions out by e-mail next weekend, so please make sure that I have your email address if you need them (send me an email with the address to moehoward9000@mindspring.com).

Please feel free to list equipment you'll be bringing. My current headphone list:

Sony Qualia 010
Sony MDR-R10
Sony MDR-SA5000
Sony MDR-CD3000 (Headfile-modded)
Sony MDR-F1
Grado PS-1
Grado RS-1
Sennheiser HD-650
Sennheiser HE60
Ergo 2
Ergo A.M.T.
Koss KSC-35
Etymotic ER-4s
AKG K-1000 (Equinox cable-modded)
Audio Technica ATH-W100

Jun 4, 2005 at 2:58 PM Post #20 of 41
Hirsch, do you think there will be room for me to bring the 2A3 speaker amp I'm working on right now (it'll be finished by then)? I'd really like to listen to the K1000s on it since I'm seriously considering selling my speaekers and buying a pair of K1000s for college next year. The dimensions are about 18" wide by 15" deep by about 9 inches tall including tubes. It doesn't even have to stay the whole time, I can just bring it in for 30 minutes or an hour even, and it can stay in my car the rest of the day if there's not room.

Jun 4, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets
Hirsch, do you think there will be room for me to bring the 2A3 speaker amp I'm working on right now (it'll be finished by then)? I'd really like to listen to the K1000s on it since I'm seriously considering selling my speaekers and buying a pair of K1000s for college next year. The dimensions are about 18" wide by 15" deep by about 9 inches tall including tubes. It doesn't even have to stay the whole time, I can just bring it in for 30 minutes or an hour even, and it can stay in my car the rest of the day if there's not room.

Hi Edward,

I'm sure we can find a spot for the amp. Please bring it (I'd like to hear it).

Jun 4, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #22 of 41
I'll most likely still be in town, and I'd like to come, if there's still room.

I've got mostly portable stuff, if people are interested.
westone um2, shure e4c, ue superfi 5pro, ety er6i
portaphile v2, pocketamp v2
also 325i's

Jun 4, 2005 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 41
Hirsch what do we need? I could bring everything in my signature or leave it at home. I was thinking my Meridian 507 is a nice source if you need it? I know space is limited.

I took everything to Detroit and left everything but my Grado RS-1's and a CD. in the car.

I would love to listen to a Singlepower PPX3 again.

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
Hirsch what do we need? I could bring everything in my signature or leave it at home. I was thinking my Meridian 507 is a nice source if you need it? I know space is limited.

Hi Mark,

The Meridian would be a good source to have here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear the SR-71 as well. I've got an RS-1 here, but I'm sure people wouldn't mind if there were more than one. I've had my Ety's out before at meets, but find that people rarely use them unless you stand there and teach them how to use them.

I'll have my old style PPX-3 here, and I believe that stevieo will have his PPX-6SN7. Mikhail will probably bring a PPX-SLAM as well.

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
hirsch,

if i miss my flight you can borrow anything i have that you may need. you know where i keep door key.

I forgot where do you keep the door key again
biggrin.gif
I want to hear your speaker system but at my house!
eek.gif
Hope you can make it, Just fooling with you.

Jun 6, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Hi Mark,

The Meridian would be a good source to have here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear the SR-71 as well. I've got an RS-1 here, but I'm sure people wouldn't mind if there were more than one. I've had my Ety's out before at meets, but find that people rarely use them unless you stand there and teach them how to use them.

I'll have my old style PPX-3 here, and I believe that stevieo will have his PPX-6SN7. Mikhail will probably bring a PPX-SLAM as well.

Thanks Hirsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back