MD/DC/VA Spring Meet Sat. April 2nd (DATE CHANGED)
Mar 2, 2005 at 10:59 AM Post #46 of 205
I'll bite...

Sorta up in the air with what I'll bring with me (I might wait till next week to order a SuperMacro so I can try it against the SR-71 to figure out which I like more (and be able to return the SuperMacro if I'm not happy with it).

What I know I can bring:

- iPod 3G 10GB
- Powerbook
- Grado SR125s (hopefully re-cabled by then)
- Etymotic ER4-P (and as far as other people using them, I can bring alcohol to disinfect a new pair of rubber tips)
- Tivoli audio Model 2 (I know, not head/earphones, but still worth hearing.)

What I might be bringing:
- Xin SuperMacro amp
- various homemade interconnects
- M-Audio Firewire Audiophile

I'll have the powerbook with my 160GB firewire drive as well, so that could make 2 computer-as-source setups.

PS: I'm ordering a bunch of cable and connectors today, so depending on what's left over, I might bring and sell the rest if anyone wants any.

Mar 6, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #48 of 205
FYI- Does everyone realize that the meet is on Easter Sunday weekend? It comes really early this year.

Mar 6, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #49 of 205
I hope that won't be a problem
frown.gif
Since I don't really go to church I didn't even notice. I picked that date because it was at the end of my Spring Break.

If enough people have a problem with that weekend I can try to change it.

Cheers,
thrice

Mar 6, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #50 of 205
If it is at all possible, April 2nd would be better for me.

Mar 7, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #52 of 205
I can do April 2. Maybe you should start a new post with the new date? Or send out PMs to people who signed up for March 26?

Mar 7, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #53 of 205
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
I can do April 2. Maybe you should start a new post with the new date? Or send out PMs to people who signed up for March 26?

I never said the date has changed. Right now it stands at March 26th as most people who voted in the poll picked that date. I would be compelled to change the date only if a significant number of people contacted me requesting a date change due to Easter weekend. I've already secured some products from manufacturers and contacted others about the date. We're getting close and I don't want to change it unless it looks like very few people can make it due to this conflict.

So if you do have a problem with the date please contact me in via PM or post here so we can make a change as soon as possible (if it's needed).

Cheers,
thrice

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #54 of 205
Whoops, sorry, meant to clarify. I probably will be out of town that weekend visiting my family, so that's why I want to switch my preference to April 2.

Mar 7, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #56 of 205
I can't remember the last time that Easter fell out in March. This is a strange year. Maybe they wanted to get it in earlier, because the Pope doesn't feel well. Don't ask how they knew...they have connections
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #57 of 205
i fly back to rochester ny from montana the 24th and hopefully can drive down to DC Fri mar 25
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #58 of 205
what's easter doing in march? this took me by surprise. i'm up for a reschedule too because of the bunny's early arrival & a family thing i could wiggle out of if i have too.

april 2 works better for me.

Mar 8, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #59 of 205
Dr. Xin said that my SuperMacro Version 2.0 should definitely be here by the 26th, so I'll have it along with various opamp choices.

Mar 8, 2005 at 4:00 PM Post #60 of 205
I can do either date, but I'd still rather April than March.

Bringing:
A-T A900
Rio Karma
SR-71

Also, if someone's got a pair of K501's they want to bring along, I'd love to hear 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back