McIntosh Introduces the MHA150!
Feb 10, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #31 of 265
Thanks. 
The journey to my personal endgame would appear to have ended.
I got good deals on the cans and amp so I can enjoy them with only the faintest hint of buyers remorse.

Time to sit back and enjoy the music!

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #32 of 265
One of us! One of us!

Had my (MHA100) for a year now and couldn't be happier. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #33 of 265
I been holding out on the MHA100 and waiting for them to introduce a tube based dedicated headphone amp to pair with their D100 which I have.  I just love tube sound too much with planar headphones (and maggie speakers).  so when they updated to this i was like 'damn' and decided instead to go with a PrimaLuna DiaLogue HP Integrated as a dedicated headphone amp instead. Shame because I really wanted it to be a Mc.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 265
  I been holding out on the MHA100 and waiting for them to introduce a tube based dedicated headphone amp to pair with their D100 which I have.  I just love tube sound too much with planar headphones (and maggie speakers).  so when they updated to this i was like 'damn' and decided instead to go with a PrimaLuna DiaLogue HP Integrated as a dedicated headphone amp instead. Shame because I really wanted it to be a Mc.

Yeah, I think a lot of us would jump on a McIntosh tube headphone amp. We can only hope!

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #35 of 265
Any comments to share on the new DSD capability? Assuming you have any music in that format. :wink:

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #36 of 265
Had one listening session last night and suffice to say Im very happy with the Mc. Neither the MHA nor the HEK's are burnt in yet so I wasn't really critiquing. Give me a week and I'll report back..

I do have a lot of NativeDSD and Bluecoast records dsd music and DSD playback was a big factor in my purchasing the 150 instead of a used 100.

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #37 of 265
Thanks. 
The journey to my personal endgame would appear to have ended.
I got good deals on the cans and amp so I can enjoy them with only the faintest hint of buyers remorse.

Time to sit back and enjoy the music!

...big lol ... we'll return to this in one year's time and see how you did. :p

Since I bought my MHA-100 and HE-1000 and uttered the exact same sentiment to my wife, I've given her several thousand dollars spent worth of excuses to throw that back into my face. :wink:

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #39 of 265
...big lol ... we'll return to this in one year's time and see how you did.
tongue.gif

Since I bought my MHA-100 and HE-1000 and uttered the exact same sentiment to my wife, I've given her several thousand dollars spent worth of excuses to throw that back into my face.
wink.gif

She doesn't know :) 

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #40 of 265
  in tech there is no end game...

That is true but for me, I've reached a point where I'm so happy with my setup that it will be a long time before the upgrade bug gets me...

Maybe maybe maybe a pair of Utopias are in my future but between the Ether C's and the HEK's, I'm quite content..

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #42 of 265
Yes. All inputs. If using the Speaker out too.

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #43 of 265
Welp, I decided to get one. I've been listening for ~10 hours a day this week and been very happy. Confident, effortless, solid. Full of earthy bass and not a hint of strain. This amp completely transforms the HE-400i in particular :thumbsup:

Has anyone tried the Ether Flow with the MHA series?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #44 of 265
  Welp, I decided to get one. I've been listening for ~10 hours a day this week and been very happy. Confident, effortless, solid. Full of earthy bass and not a hint of strain. This amp completely transforms the HE-400i in particular :thumbsup:

Congrats! How does it pair with the LCD-2? Tried speakers off of it yet?

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #45 of 265

I have the Ether Flow C. Not sure if you care about that. But drives it exceptionally went as one would imagine.

Sorry, I have the mha100, not 150. But it's the same amp, just doesn't have dsd support in the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back