McDonald's
Mar 8, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 60
I really enjoy their Big Macs, imo very tasty burgers.

And with no Burger King nearby, yeah I`m lovin` it

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 60
McDonald's makes me sick. I still eat the Ice Cream from time to time, but I think I may quit that too.

That said. When I could still stand to eat there I saw very little difference between that and a fancier place like say whitespot (here in bc).

I would save big money too by skipping the Combo.

The pop has no value to me I would rather get a water. I would usually just order a couple of arch deluxes or whatever was on sale for cheap.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #18 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I like their coke and the McChicken. And it's really convenient and less expensive than the alternatives. Plus, there aren't many Burger Kings and the kebap sucks in Switzerland so that gives McDonalds a pretty strong standing.

How much does a combo meal go for in Zurich these days?

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #19 of 60
I haven't had anything from any fast food joint in over 8 years and never will again. How people can like consuming processed, chemical-laden, hormone and anti-biotic infused, hydrogenated trans-fat coated poison by-products on a daily basis is beyond me?

I find it quite sad how many uneducated and apathetic people there are out there these days that have bought in to the whole low calories/low carbs + mass meat and dairy consumption = healthy. They thrive on convenience and will eat anything as long as they don't have to slaughter and prepare it themselves. Who cares if the buns used on all sandwiches are nothing but trans fat? Who cares if the breading for every fried product at every fast food restaurant is pure trans fat? Who cares that the breaded object is getting fried in a nice bath of 100% trans fat before you ingest it? Who cares that the low quality cheese used at all these places is made from dairy tainted with BGH?

Why care about what this stuff is doing to my body long term as long as it pleases my taste buds and my senses on a most elementary level and I can get it within five minutes while not having to interrupt my cell phone call?
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by omedon
How much does a combo meal go for in Zurich these days?

Too much, about $7-8 but it's still cheaper than the alternatives.

Ironically, McDonalds, KFC, et al. are trendy eating spots in Beijing where a menu costs about 3-4 times that of a decent and IMO much tastier Chinese lunch. And the quality of McDonald's is the same. It's not cheaper and it's not really faster. Maybe the it's the Western thing and maybe the people really do like the taste but I somehow think that Adorno would feel reconfirmed about his observations on mass culture and pseudo-individualization. I actually caught myself eating at McDonad's in Beijing once. Why? Cause it made me feel safe. Just like I sometimes feel the urge to choose Starbucks over a genuine and charming Swiss coffee shop.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #21 of 60
While living abroad for five years in Asia, I prayed to the McDonald's god regularly. You couldn't find anything, anything from Pizza to KFC that tasted like home except McDonalds. You could complain that why would you eat McD's with all that delicious Asian food around? Well, why do Chinese people go to Chinatown to eat regularly - they want to taste the food they grew up with and know. Same story with McD's abroad for me. I would have died without it. Well, at least have been miserable. And I still eat it here regularly. The only thing I like, though, is the humble simple cheeseburger and the Fish sandwich. And fries, of course.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I don't like eating IN a MacDonalds, but I like eating their fries taken out sometimes...

Same here it's pretty much like a Zoo in those places, certainly not what I'd class a "restaurant", I prefer driving up to those little windows and eating in the privacy of my own "mobile restaurant" (car) The last time I was actually inside one of those establishments it was pretty revolting packed out with grossly overweight women and screaming children eating "Happy meals" Jesus, they don't even supply a knife and fork how can they have the brass neck to call those "grub shacks" restaurants. Closest I have come to eating with chimpanzees in a zoo.

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 60
For all those people who are absolutely against going to McD because they imagine McD sells nothing but poison.

Geez.... ********* relax. Going to McD a couple of times a month won't harm you significantly enough that it's going to change life expectancy.

I love McD's fries... hmm...

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsione1
For all those people who are absolutely against going to McD because they imagine McD sells nothing but poison.

Geez.... ********* relax. Going to McD a couple of times a month won't harm you significantly enough that it's going to change life expectancy.

I love McD's fries... hmm...

There is an In-N-Out 1 block away from the McDonalds here
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
heck, i just saw "super-size me" and i still eat there once in a while.

me and my gf bought lots of mcdonalds and rented super-size me for fun one night. it wasn't that fun after a while lol.

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #28 of 60
In countries outside the US, mcdonald's is actually somewhat exotic. If you eat local fare 3 meals a day 7 days a week for years, it's nice to get a burger once in a while. On those occasions, it's worth the $8 for mcdonalds. I just don't understand why they don't give free refills on their drinks
confused.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #29 of 60
There's only a few things I like at McDonalds, the chicken nuggets, chicken sandwiches and the fries. Especially the fries. Whatever I get has to be accompanied by the hot mustard and sweet and sour sauces. I haven't really liked the burgers they have there since they got rid of the arch deluxe ages ago. I think Burger King makes a much tastier burger.

Mar 9, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
I guess I'm lucky, healthwise, in that McDonalds food makes me ill.
tongue.gif

I only eat there if I'm in a hurry and nothing else is around.
I usually feel kinda sick after eating there too.
Wendy's has much better and fresher food.
Steak & Shake is AWESOME (but expensive).
TR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back