McDonald's or Subway
Oct 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #34 of 122
I eat a lot of Subway, I always have. It's not really very good. I generally go there out of familiarity and nutrition.

I would actually rather eat a quarter pounder than a roasted chicken breast, but I voted for Subway simply because its a staple of my diet while McDonald's is a once a year thing.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #36 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a different point. I avoid Subway because I find that they all smell absolutely awful. Really terrible. I don't mean that they are unclean or anything like that, but something they use in their bread makes the restaurants smell disgusting. I rarely eat anything from Subway because after standing in line for 5-10 minutes all of my clothes are saturated with the "Subway smell" and I feel gross for the rest of the day. Maybe its just me...

+1

Totally! It doesn't make sense. Subway bakes its own bread, in store, but it smells nothing like actual baking bread. Instead, it's some ghastly, 100% unappetizing smell that permeates the entire store and eventually one's clothes. Yuck.

ac

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #38 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like loading it with every veggie they have, almost like a salad sandwich.

I get a bunch of meat, pepper jack, jalepenos and chipotle southwest. No salad for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #40 of 122
Subway, but usually neither. There are a number of small restaurants and local chains that are far healthier and cost about the same. One I visit often has a $5.99 chicken tostada that is hugely better than anything McDonald's or Subway offers. They're open late, as well.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #41 of 122
A lot of people sure like subway than McD. I'm doing a simple research assignment. I have Subway and McD close by and they're next to each other. I wanted to see what you guys preferred. Of all the polls I've posted from several forums, Subway is the clear winner by a long shot. So I thought Subway should have more customers right? Well that wasn't the case. McD had far more customers than Subway near my house. Now I have to ask why? Personally I prefer Subway over McD because $5 footlong is a pretty good deal.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #44 of 122
This probably sounds stupid, but I really don't get how anyone can prefer McDonalds to anything. I stopped liking their food when I was old enough to realize it was processed garbage. Here are my two opinions why some people prefer McDonalds:

1.) Most children in America grow having pretty horrible diets: white bread. soda. twinkies. sugary cereals. bologna. sugary peanut butter like skippy and peter pan. chef boyardee. etc. (no wonder so many kids suffer from ADD and the like). McDonalds is the natural choice for most people.

2.) There are about 20 times more McDonalds in the world than there are Subways. Even if Subway was the more popular choice, chances are McDonalds is more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back