mc5 cord noise
Nov 11, 2010 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wnewport

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure if my headphones are defective or if I'm going crazy, but the MC5 have intolerable cord noise... some of the time.  The slightest cord movement or something touching the cord interrupts the music, like someone putting a dixie cup over your ear and tapping it.

I'm using the triflanges, but it shouldn't matter.  No previous IEMs have had this problem.  I've tried searching for other people with issues, but I couldn't find anything.  I don't know if something like static is causing it or what.

I don't know if it's static or the source.  It can even happen when they are plugged into nothing.  I've possibly narrowed it down to how I'm inserting them, but I can't establish a pattern.  (I've owned many IEMs, so I'm not making some odd novice mistake.)

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 4
I think it's called microphonics. You should use the clip it came with, it greatly reduces rubbing / noises like that...it's not just for holding it in place. It also acts as a small buffer if you drop your music player
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the advice, but it doesn't help when I'm jamming shirtless.  I suppose i could tape the cord to my chest, but I'm really hairy.  Oh well.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned this problem.  Microphonics have been a non-issue with Shures and Sennheiser IEMs.

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #4 of 4
wear over the ear and bring the shirt clip up to around your neck area or as far up as you can tolerate. That should deal with the microphonics issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back