MB QUART 220 is it worth to buy ?
Jan 16, 2010 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

NuBreed

100+ Head-Fier
I want to ask here about german phones MB Quart 220. Are they any good? I have a good offer i think, but i don't know anything about them. All i know that This is a rebrand of Beyerdynamic? Maybe You Have them... i need help because it's temptating offer. Price is 60$, they are in good condition.

Second Question is:

MB Quart QP220 (60$) vs Classic DT880 from 80's (70$)

-Which is better to listen straight from a cd player headphone output, Audigy 2zs Soundcard.
-Which is more universal.
-Which one is More Fun to Listen.

Please Help

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 14
I have experience with 240/250, the 240 are more flat and great for classic.
The 220 maybe be the same level as the K-300/141. Maybe you can save some more money and go with used K-701/2 from the forum FS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuBreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to ask here about german phones MB Quart 220. Are they any good? I have a good offer i think, but i don't know anything about them. All i know that This is a rebrand of Beyerdynamic? Maybe You Have them... i need help because it's temptating offer. Price is 60$, they are in good condition.

Second Question is:

-Which is better to listen straight from a cd player headphone output, Audigy 2zs Soundcard.

Please Help

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 14
I have MBQ 50s, which I like a very great deal and am not about to sell. I count them a very fine bargain.

But Classic DT880s (600 Ohm) for $70.00 is a superb bargain. I've got the similar class of DT990s and find them to be stunning--but I was originally looking for those Classic DT880s.

So I don't think you could go wrong with the DT880s. In the event that you did not like the sound, you could always sell them--to me.
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I don't think you could go wrong with the DT880s. In the event that you did not like the sound, you could always sell them--to mrgreen
wink.gif

I agree!

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree!

Now waaait a second! _I'm_ not Mr. Green! I don't think I said that! Hey, what happened to my original post?

;p

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Second Question is:

Please Help

I don't know anything about the QP220, except that they were one of the lower ties of MB Quart. But you should really grab the vintage DT880. A more enjoyable headphone is hard to find.

BTW: MB Quart is NOT a rebranded BeyerDynamic.

Jan 17, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 14
I have the QP55, which I gathered is the predecessor to the QP220. The QP55 is rather bright with a lack of bass, partially rectified by removing a felt disk from the cups. For the money I'd easily take the vintage Beyers though. I couldn't get very loud volumes from the QP55s from my audio out of any of my Macs, which was how I drove them for 15 years! I'm sure newer sound cards are much better though.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the QP55, which I gathered is the predecessor to the QP220. The QP55 is rather bright with a lack of bass, partially rectified by removing a felt disk from the cups. For the money I'd easily take the vintage Beyers though. I couldn't get very loud volumes from the QP55s from my audio out of any of my Macs, which was how I drove them for 15 years! I'm sure newer sound cards are much better though.

I think the QP55/45 are equal to the QP240/250.

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 14
So it's better to buy DT's over Quart? Quart have pads in v.good condition. But Beyers need replace, where do i find new pads? The one from new model are compatible?

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

So it's better to buy DT's over Quart? Quart have pads in v.good condition. But Beyers need replace, where do i find new pads? The one from new model are compatible?

You can use DT770 velour earpads, squeeze them between some heavy books, and tape the little holes at the back.
Then you have a very good sound.
The leather earpads from Beyer are also good sounding on them.
They both fit perfectly.
But I guess German Maestro earpads wil be good as well. The GMP250 pleather earpads are almost the same as the stock vintage DT880 pads.

The foam that covers the drivers is likely vanished too. It's important to replace the foam, otherwise this headphone will sound too bright.

You can find more information here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/vintage-dt880-442809/

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now waaait a second! _I'm_ not Mr. Green! I don't think I said that! Hey, what happened to my original post?

;p

hahaha
this is funny
rofl01

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 14
These pads are original, or replacements? This pair i want to buy.

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

These pads are original, or replacements? This pair i want to buy.

These are the original pads, but completely worn out.

Jan 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Thx for answers! I Bought Philips HP1000 in mint condition, Sound Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back