Mazda3 or Toyota Corolla
Mar 7, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #48 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Chick car?

Audi S4?

Are you serious?

Chick car? WTH? I know lots of males who bought the car, and they love it. The thing they continue to tell me is how much fun the car is. It's pretty sad if people actually passed up this car because you told them it's a chick car..because it's one of the better sporty cars in its class to drive.

The S4 is a high maintenance, gas guzzling, expensive to own and insure car. As a current Audi A4 owner, I think this is bad advice as I know firsthand how expensive the parts are and how often these cars need work after the warranty period expires.

I think he meant that corolla was a chick car

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #49 of 81
Those are some nicely-lit promo photos. Makes the car look very slippery.

My GF passionately hated the new Civic during her test drive... looks, performance, suspension, shifting, visibility, and especially the funktronically-styled dashboard. Says the glare made it difficult to see at night. I couldn't even talk her into taking the salesman's business card when we left!

I didn't hate it like she did, although I was expecting more from the vehicle based upon the glowing praise it has received. After testing it out, I am mystified as to why it has been the center of so much attention. Perhaps because the new Civic is so different from the legions of Civics we've become accustomed to over the years?

Anyway, you'll never know until you test drive them, so get behind the wheel of a Mazda 3, Civic, and Corolla and see for yourself. Also try one of those Scion cars... they offer a lot for the money.

Mar 7, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #50 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
Still looks like an homogenized, pasteurized snore & boremobile to me *Zzzzzzzzz...* Honda trying to add "pizazz" is about as productive as our current politicians claiming they're "honest"
tongue.gif
All flash and hot air. They go after the middle of the market with a nuclear weapon and spread themselves all over the map
very_evil_smiley.gif

That's where the market is....middle-of-the-road transport. I am quite sure Honda (or any other manufacturer) can "jazz up" their cars with this and that, but how many people will buy it?

As least the Civie looks better than the Impreza or WRX
biggrin.gif

I think the Corolla XR could be quite a sleeper.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:58 AM Post #51 of 81
What?

I was looking up used Mini prices and the are listing for OVER the MSRP of a brand new one?!

My wife was all excited when she saw the MSRP on miniusa site listed starting at $18K. Um....yeah.
rolleyes.gif

Seeing as how the '06 Civic got the top spot from IIHS Crash tests for small cars, the Civic is starting to pull ahead in my book. Too bad no more hatchbacks this year.

-Ed

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #52 of 81
Civic or Scion TC

BOOOOO MAZDA3!!!

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #53 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Dangerous
I didn't hate it like she did, although I was expecting more from the vehicle based upon the glowing praise it has received. After testing it out, I am mystified as to why it has been the center of so much attention. Perhaps because the new Civic is so different from the legions of Civics we've become accustomed to over the years?

The fanboy effect at work, people gush over the Civic like it's not even funny, personally I share your GF's opinion and I maintain that it's an over-rated ****box.

Personally I believe the Mazda 3's the one to beat, it sucks the least out of them (still too small for me, I can't stand compact cars) and does not look cheap.

Mar 8, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #57 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
I am looking to buy a new car probably within in the next week. I have been looking at several used and new models since December, and these are the two I have decided on:

2006 Mazda 3i Touring -
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summ...6&modelid=7491
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/mazda...le_photos.html

2006 Toyota Corolla S -
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summ...06&modelid=426
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/toyot...le_photos.html

Both are likely to be a shade of silver, and when they are equipped with the same packages, they cost about the same. I will be getting a manual transmission

I was in the same situation you are last year.

I test drove the Toyota Corolla, Civic, Accord, Sentra, Mazda 3, and a few other cars.

Here is what I thought:
Toyota Corolla: Too small, Not very Powerful. Toyota is very reliable and the resell value is high.

Honda Civic: Nice car but too small for me. Horrid Dashboard for a tall guy.

Honda Accord: Just Right

Nissan Sentra: The basic version sucked but the SE-R was nice, a bit small though.

Mazda 3: Powerful, Comfy. Only reason I didn't get this was the reliability issue.

Keep in mind I am 6' 3'' @ 180lbs so that is why those cars were small. I ended up with the 2006 Honda Accord LX in Navy Blue and had a 5 car pile up 2 months later (~2,000 miles). I was not at fault
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #58 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by BodiesOfLight
Mazda 3i Touring gets bad gas milage. Something to think about. The Toyota will probably run forever, but looks boring.

I'm with the Civic.

Yes the gas milage on the Mazda is not good, 20mpg/22mpg I think? Civic is like ~28mpg.

The toyota will run forever (~200,000 miles) but it feels like you're driving and chunk of metal and plastic.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #60 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
The new Volkswagen GTI?

gti.jpg

Me wants to indulge my fast.

But since it's the wifey's car that is dying, she wants something else, since the price tag of the GTi is close to that of the Mini. And if she could pick, she'd rather have the Mini.

But since practicality, reliability, and safety are to be top of the list, the Civic is winning the battle so far.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back