Mayberry On Acid: First Ever Fairfax, CA Meet February 2, 2008!
Jan 18, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #226 of 433
Regrettably, I won't be able to attend due to a conflict. It would have been nice to see everyone, some I have not had the pleasure to meet in person yet. Not to mention all the nice gear.

Hopefully, there will be another NorCal meet soon.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #227 of 433
Well, I was hoping you would make it Amb. You know that balanced B-22 has no equal in the commercial market. At least Ray Samuels and Tyll Hertsens think so. :wink: Edit: Looks like Blessingx is bringing one.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #228 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Regrettably, I won't be able to attend due to a conflict. It would have been nice to see everyone, some I have not had the pleasure to meet in person yet. Not to mention all the nice gear.

Hopefully, there will be another NorCal meet soon.

Sorry to hear that Ti, you'll be missed (and so will your amazing gear). Next time!

Rhythmdevils' gear will be placed on the list, although I am not sure what you are bringing Whitney. Let me know if I get it right or wrong.
cool.gif

I just heard Ric's balanced b22 and it is a very nice amp. The balanced GS-1000s and Edition 9s sounded particularly good. I look forward to hearing it with an even better source than the already very fine Lavry DA10.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #229 of 433
I honestly wished I could make it myself. I live in Berkeley so fairfax is just a short ride away. Unfortunately, if you're very limited on space and are only looking for worthier contributors, I'm afraid I can't display much. I've got DT770/80s (who doesn't these days?), DT990/250 2005 editions, and ATH-W5000 modded to F5005 to lend as well my portable Corda Move which is probably fairly minuscule in comparison to others' better rigs. If you have a spot, however, I'd honestly love to stop by in spite of being a lower member here at head-fi. The best of luck to you and the crew!

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #230 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly wished I could make it myself. I live in Berkeley so fairfax is just a short ride away. Unfortunately, if you're very limited on space and are only looking for worthier contributors, I'm afraid I can't display much. I've got DT770/80s (who doesn't these days?), DT990/250 2005 editions, and ATH-W5000 modded to F5005 to lend as well my portable Corda Move which is probably fairly minuscule in comparison to others' better rigs. If you have a spot, however, I'd honestly love to stop by in spite of being a lower member here at head-fi. The best of luck to you and the crew!

GTanaka, you are welcome to attend and you should bring your gear if you do. I'd like to hear a Move and this is not about who has the best/most expensive stuff.

Also, if you are driving from Berkeley there are a couple of people you could offer a ride. Humanflyz and granodemostasa are both at Cal and both interested by I think ride-less. PM them if they don't PM you.

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #232 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NeilPeart isn't on the list. This is an outrage.

What?
eek.gif
That's beyond an outrage, it's blasphemy, blasphemy, I tell ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
38 attendees and counting. I thought I was crazy.

You most decidedly ARE crazy, and so is Al, and I mean that in a good way.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
13 days until Team Florida arrives.

Actually, it's 12 days, 28 hours and 40 minutes, but who's counting.
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #236 of 433
lol, that crazy huh? Perhaps I really should take time out of my schedule. Dave Lowensohn (I suggest you lookup Speechwriters LLC if you don't know him) is having a concert in town on Jan 26th, and I'm seeing Westbound Train in SF on Feb 14th...damn, my grades are gonna sink like a rock this semester!

I guess sign me up then. I suppose I can work on some way to reach there by public transit if a must, but otherwise toss me on the list of "looking for a ride".

My equip:
DT770/80
DT990/250 2005 Edition
*ATH-W5000 modded to F5005
Corda Move
PA2V2

*it's currently down in Socal, so depending on if a fellow of mine wants to bring it up, I may or may not have it.

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #237 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GTanaka, this is a meet you don't want to miss. There are at least six of us, maybe more, flying across the country to make it. Steal yourself a nice car if you have to.

And you get to the Headfier of the Year and witness her coronation.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #238 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a Cal student too actually, no car. Looking for a ride too, or public transit if possible.

G; I can pick you up at the Richmond BART Station. I'll be going early to help Voltron set up. No guarantee that I'll be able to bring you back at a descent hour, not unless you want to be a "designated driver."

BTW; Anyone bringing an iBasso D1?

Jan 19, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #239 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NeilPeart isn't on the list. This is an outrage.

38 attendees and counting. I thought I was crazy.

13 days until Team Florida arrives.

I mentioned the meet to Leeav and he will attend.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back