May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
May 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #451 of 461
Thanks for coming out everyone! To be downright honest, I'm back at SFU Vancouver as we speak, literally 6 rooms away from our room.

Hopefully we can bring more goodies next meet, including food. I don't know about you guys, but I think next meet should be at coal harbour again like the first meet last year. The catering this meet was ridiculously overpriced and I believe Coal Harbour didn't care about food being brought in.

Cheers all

May 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #453 of 461
Great pics! A lot of exotic stuff (at least to me) was there!

May 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #454 of 461
Thanks for coming out guys. I love our little casual Vancouver meets. It feels more friendlier and welcoming than large ones. I think Coal Harbour is a better location and maybe I'll set that one up next time. 

A huge shout out to Donald at DNA for providing us with the demo Stratus and Sonett 2. Thank you so much for the opportunity to hear such high end gear.

A huge shout out to Arthur at Matrix Audio NA for providing us with a demo X-Sabre, without you, we wouldn't have been able to properly listen to the Stratus! Great DAC too, very smooth and delicate. Definitely a lot different than the Gungnir imo.

A huge shout out to Peter at Double Helix Cables for providing us with such beautiful pieces of work, wonderful sounding, though I won't include any hyperbole. 

And last but not least, a huge huge shout out to Chris at HPL Audio (Chris_Himself cables) for providing us with the cables that allowed us to listen to our gear, especially the Hifiman stuff, that was a life saver. Also, Chris did sponsor us with a generous donation towards the meet costs; we're all very thankful Chris! Make sure to check out HPLaudio.com/store to see what Chris has that may be of use to you, he has cheap and well-made cables that are actually affordable... am I being too fangirly? Not trying to advertise, but I think Chris deserves at least this much. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #458 of 461
Hello, I know I'm late to this as I just joined head-fi. I searched Vancouver and was sent to this.

Any plans for meet ups in the future. I'd be very interested to hear some cool gear.

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #459 of 461
I would like to attend the next meet as well. I can't believe that I discovered this just weeks after it happened!

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #460 of 461
Quote:
Hello, I know I'm late to this as I just joined head-fi. I searched Vancouver and was sent to this.

Any plans for meet ups in the future. I'd be very interested to hear some cool gear.

Quote:
I would like to attend the next meet as well. I can't believe that I discovered this just weeks after it happened!

I am assuming both of you know of and have been to Headphone Bar on Broadway near Cambie. If you have, Travis who owns/runs H-B is planning to organize another Vancouver meet some time in the fall. Find out from him when you get a chance and keep an eye on the forum for when the details go up. Cheers.

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #461 of 461
Quote:
Anyone want to buy my LCD2, LCD3, HD800, and/or stands? :)

That depends... are your stands the ROOMs? :)

I'm bummed I had to miss this one, but it was either nip over for this or nip over to visit my brother. I'll see if I can make the fall meet, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back