May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Mar 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #107 of 461
I like this Oakridge idea.  We are definitely as community an organization as a fountain pen club... come on, headphone club?
But if I recall correctly, the Oakridge community room is buried somewhere in the back.  Renfrew Library (near me) also has a community room which is accessed from the foyer, so i think anyone wanting a more "critical" listen could step out into the foyer of the library with open phones and a portable source.  Unfortunately that rules out electrostatics... maybe set up in the hallway haha.

I wonder if the fountain pen club gets requests for a quiet room so people can actually do some focussed writing...

mmm Trappist beer and cheese... just had some last week across from a monastery.  I wonder if they have an awesome headphone collection in there.

You have got me thinking, Trappist monk headphone wearing fountain users club... Now there is a niche club if ever there was! :D... Actually, the way I lead my life I am not far off that :blink:

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #108 of 461
Oh ya that reminds me Ian, I might meet a fellow mate this coming Wednesday. Are you available?? If so, I would love to try out your funky amp and FAD PF.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #109 of 461
Oh ya that reminds me Ian, I might meet a fellow mate this coming Wednesday. Are you available?? If so, I would love to try out your funky amp and FAD PF.

Yeah Wednesday morning would work for me. My friend is due to head to the States Wednesday and hopefully my 801 will be waiting in his PO Box and if so I will be meeting up with him early afternoon to pick it up!

Where are you thinking of meeting?

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #110 of 461
Quote:
You have got me thinking, Trappist monk headphone wearing fountain users club... Now there is a niche club if ever there was!
biggrin.gif
... Actually, the way I lead my life I am not far off that
blink.gif

Where's the sign-up sheet? Add some bikes and paper airplanes and you've basically covered every single niche I will every niche. 

Crazy pen people....BTW anyone want a Parker Duofold? Found it a while back and pretty much useless for me since I just ordered some Rotring technical pens for drawing and I only use pens for art.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #111 of 461
Hey guys! Sorry to jump in and interrupt the ongoing discussion. But I'm very stoked to be joining the head-fi scene in Vancouver. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #112 of 461
Quote:
Yeah Wednesday morning would work for me. My friend is due to head to the States Wednesday and hopefully my 801 will be waiting in his PO Box and if so I will be meeting up with him early afternoon to pick it up!

Where are you thinking of meeting?

Uh... I have school till 1:30 so I guess we won't be able to meet up haha

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #113 of 461
Quote:
Hey guys! Sorry to jump in and interrupt the ongoing discussion. But I'm very stoked to be joining the head-fi scene in Vancouver. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome! Glad to have you on board. Make sure to vote for the date and tell all your friends about it! Gear lists will be updated on the attendee list later.

(gawd I sound like a PR person)

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #114 of 461
When someone speaks to Travis, tell him he doesn't need to bring Mjo/Gung LCD2, LCD3, and HD800. That should really save him a lot of trouble.

I guess I'll manage the "open" room.

I've been eyeing a Montblanc Jonathan Swift FP for a while, but couldn't bring myself to put a thousand down.... Darn it it feels so good in my hand...

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #115 of 461
Quote:
When someone speaks to Travis, tell him he doesn't need to bring Mjo/Gung LCD2, LCD3, and HD800. That should really save him a lot of trouble.

I guess I'll manage the "open" room.

Table managers would be helpful as well. Any volunteers?

Honestly he could just come empty handed and nobody would have any problems. Though don't think anyone has M100/Conductors...

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #120 of 461
Quote:
What choice of establishment do you guys have in mind? Hopefully its near Bby or downtown.

Oakridge Library branch/Trout Lake Community center are the only ones that come to mind as of now.

Last meet was downtown.

Was thinking about asking another Vancouver anime lounger but he's never on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back