May 5th - Vancouver, BC Meet 2013
Mar 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #125 of 461
If we're doing the two-room thing or someone wants to go to another table to listen to something else it'd be best if someone was assigned to watch over a specific table when people aren't there. Not the best system but it usually works.

If there is only one table then the thing's moot.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #126 of 461
Oakridge is the only branch with a decent size room, open Sundays, with skytrain and loads of parking.  It gets my vote.
https://www.vpl.ca/events/details/branch_meeting_rooms

However, I'm not sure that one can get the $30/hr waived unless you have a non-profit registration number.  Ianmedium, did you get that clarified when you called?  Or can your fountain pen buds hook us up?  pm me and maybe we two can get this arranged and save these starving students some money so they can buy more high-end audio gear.

If we end up having to pay anyways, Trout Lake is a somewhat nicer venue:
http://troutlakecc.com/facilities-and-rentals/room-rentals/

As for Surrey, there is Skytrain and parking, but we'd probably be robbed, or shot, or robbed then shot.

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #127 of 461
If we're doing it in surrey, why not come to coquitlam? Saves me the hassle of driving down 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #128 of 461
Quote:

As for Surrey, there is Skytrain and parking, but we'd probably be robbed, or shot, or robbed then shot.

My point exactly (as hard as it is not to try and perpetuate any stereotypes...)

Can't find the room dimensions for Oakridge. Similar size as with the GCCA Board rooms?

If we're doing it in surrey, why not come to coquitlam? Saves me the hassle of driving down 
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #129 of 461
Oakridge is the only branch with a decent size room, open Sundays, with skytrain and loads of parking.  It gets my vote.
https://www.vpl.ca/events/details/branch_meeting_rooms

However, I'm not sure that one can get the $30/hr waived unless you have a non-profit registration number.  Ianmedium, did you get that clarified when you called?  Or can your fountain pen buds hook us up?  pm me and maybe we two can get this arranged and save these starving students some money so they can buy more high-end audio gear.

If we end up having to pay anyways, Trout Lake is a somewhat nicer venue:
http://troutlakecc.com/facilities-and-rentals/room-rentals/

I am going to give them a call again on Monday as the librarian I spoke to last night was not a permanent one there so did not know.

As for Surrey.. Well, I have a friend who is a cop so I guess I could borrow some bullet proof jackets :D

Surrey, where you don't drive through you drive by!

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #130 of 461
Please no, not Surrey. Either Richmond, Burnaby, or Vancouver should be fine. As a wise man once said, "better safe than Surrey". I think Richmond is a safe bet not to mention all the best Asian food is there.

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #131 of 461
Quote:
Please no, not Surrey. Either Richmond, Burnaby, or Vancouver should be fine. As a wise man once said, "better safe than Surrey". I think Richmond is a safe bet not to mention all the best Asian food is there.

Yay then I won't have to bus. Make sure it's the Bridgehouse branch I can get there in 5 minutes.

But nah, not enough space and not convenient for others.

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #132 of 461
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Some people here may not have passports, and I don't want to have to adjust time zones on my watch.
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

Man, poor Surrey people, that was three burns in a row.  Is this the "No Surrey Audiophiles Club"?

For reference I live in a postal code where I get osteoperosis pills and hearing aid ads in the mail... I guess hearing aids are head-fi, so I'm cool, right?

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #134 of 461
Quote:
Lol... Pretty much the same distance as surrey, but im sure no one wants to go to surrey here

> but im sure no one wants to go to surrey here
> no one wants to go to surrey
> no surrey 
> no surrey 

Can't be any clearer on this. I will NOT go to Surrey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back