Maximo iMetal IM-590 Earphones
Feb 8, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #61 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Main difference is the iM-790 has a new, upgraded driver which is a little smoother and cleaner. The iM-590 has slightly more forward (Grado-esque) upper-mids.

Andrew,

Those sound pretty exciting, especially with your reputation for very good sound quality, high build quality and comfort.

How would you compare the two bass outputs of the iM-790 to the iM-590?

Will the iM-795 also be compatible with Blackberries, or will there be an iP-HS7 version?

Finally, will the 7-series use the 'fused double flange' tips like the iM-590?

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #62 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have not really objectively tested on any "before and after" basis. TBH, we probably spend more time on subjective listening than anything. Better to listen first, and listen some more. Then finally take a look at the measurements, to confirm what you think you're hearing. Better to trust the ears ultimately, than to let the measurements drive the design, or give them too much influence.

Interesting idea though. Will see what can be arranged.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, Andrew.

I, for one, would be *very* curious to see what the scientific measurements have to say about "burn-in". If you ever get the chance, well... I'm sure you'd post it to Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #63 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by davemal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the silicone for ease of use and comfort but the foams sound better and I suspect that they isolate better (more testing to come).

Certainly no problem if the foams are working better. (No one eartip works the best for everybody). Also may take a look at Comply (T-200 size).

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #64 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfrost /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you compare the two bass outputs of the iM-790 to the iM-590?

iM-790 in "neutral" should have pretty similar bass qty. In "warm" it should be a good 4-6db more. Quote:

Will the iM-795 also be compatible with Blackberries, or will there be an iP-HS7 version?

No plans for iP-HS7 (good job getting a handle on the nomenclature, btw). iP-795 should work with BlackBerry, other than the volume up/down buttons. The mic and remote are all from Apple's spec, so between models (or even mfr's) should have very much the same function (if not performance). Quote:

Finally, will the 7-series use the 'fused double flange' tips like the iM-590?

It will include those, as well as new foam tips.

May 20, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #69 of 90

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DmitryG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am having now: received a tracking number. Waiting.
popcorn.gif

please report when you finish waiting
wink.gif

Actually, my waiting is over after almost 4 months of waiting :) Parcel delivery was delayed (thanks to Russian Post, I suppose) and Maxwho gave me a full refund in march.
BUT! 2 days ago, after I've paid for another pair, parcel came 
basshead.gif

And this respected seller maxwho has decided not to argue who is going to pay fo re-ship and let earphones stay at my place :) 
Now I am going to test it after burning-in. 
L3000.gif
 So, thanks to maxwho.com - you can buy there (and better use courier services :wink:

May 20, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #70 of 90
I can't be sure but I think Maxwho.com is run by Maximo themselves. Regardless, that is great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back