Maximo iMetal IM-590 Earphones
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #31 of 90
I'm pretty sure that by "three $79 offerings" jant meant the S4, RE0, and the upcoming iM-790.

The iM-590 is on a lower price tier and is not in question here, but while we're on the subject I would probably pick the S4 last as well. I hate to turn this into a circlejerk but anyone who's read my review knows what my issues with the S4 are.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #32 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure that by "three $79 offerings" jant meant the S4, RE0, and the upcoming iM-790...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems the S4 has some competition with the IM-790 and Ety MC5.

(mc5, not RE0)

normal_smile .gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #33 of 90
Am I allowed to say that the iM-790 s sound pretty damned fantastic. Andrew has nailed the sound signature with this one. I have owned the 2 earlier models and loved using them but have always tweaked the sound with a bit of eq to suite my particular tastes. The iM-790 are very smooth, the mids just melt away and have a very good bass extention without sounding muddy.

BRAVO Maximo
biggrin.gif
..dB

couldn't resist posting the image of a happy man

maximo-im790.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #34 of 90
Curious, are you referring to the 590 and the 490? And where did you get your 790s? They aren't listed on the Maximo site as far as I can see.

Edit: Understand they were on display at CES and some folks heard them there. Clears up that mystery.

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #35 of 90
I just had to RMA my IM-590s; the right-hand driver became extremely quiet yesterday compared to the right. The lifetime warranty sure does seem awesome at this point, although I have only just submitted the form and I'll be mailing the earphones out tomorrow.

Hopefully there is no reason for concern, the CSR indicated that I probably just received a faulty set.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #36 of 90
Where can I get the 590 at a good price in Europe?

My Crossroads Mylar X3 appear to be going bad (cable fracture) and I'd like something with a detailed, bright sound and good isolation. The 590's apparent build quality is also interesting...

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #38 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eBay UK Shop - maxwho-com: Headsets, Earphones, MP3

Hmm it's UK ebay but they're still shipped from the US. Long delivery time and maybe custom taxes for being out of the EU. But I'll look into it, thanks.

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #41 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by EDP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is maxwho.com a good reseller for the Maximo iMetal iM590? I don't know the shop, so it might be fake, but I don't think it is. Anyone has experience?

I am having now: received a tracking number. Waiting.
popcorn.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #43 of 90
A couple of days ago I received my pair of 590's and have given them a bit of a going over - sound really does improve after some work.

I have not been able to get any bass with any of the stock tips - the large is the most comfortable but bass is severely lacking.... the only way I have been able to get bass is by hacking up some disposable noise protection plugs that I had in the garage as per another thread. This sounds a lot better but there is not much stem to fit the tips to so I am not totally convinced on practicality just yet...

Aside from the Sony Hybrids mentioned, are there any other suggestions for tips ? I am after some bass and isolation..

cheers

Feb 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #44 of 90
FYI-it took a really long time for the 590's to show bass, and once I heard it, it began to improve exponentially. I had to have a few weeks worth of patience, but yes it will improve even more .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back