Maxell Retro DJ...an other phone with the same OEM as the FA-004/HM3
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

attika89

500+ Head-Fier

Maxell Retro DJ
http://www.maxell.eu.com/Products/Accessories/Headphones/Retro%20DJ%20Headphones.html

Does anyone have any experience with it?
Based on the experiences on the other Fischer/BW products with the same OEM, this can be most likely the same as the Fischer Audio FA-004 and the Brainwavz HM3...
And it goes for £9.99 on some sites
eek.gif

Here in Hungary it goes for about $18....

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm from Hungary also!
My friend wanted to buy Panasonic HTX7 until we saw this in Media Markt. Probably it is an OEM, and it is half of the price. We will be buying Maxell and later share our experiences maybe.

Cheers!

Feb 17, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 6
I bought one, and they are really good, for their price.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the input guys
beerchug.gif

And special thanks to slfln who have brought these into my/our view (on the Hungarian forum)

I've bought one myself as well. I have to say it is a great bang for the buck!
Based on the reviews on the FA-004 and the HM3, i would say they must be most likely the same.
Honestly I thought they are supra-aural, but for me they are circumaural what is a good point.
The sound is pretty good even after my FA-003.
What I do not like is the sound leakage. I have tried it in my room, but it leaked pretty badly...
Others said its not that bad as I've experienced. I don't know...it bothers me, because it could bother other people on the bus....
So right now I'm still using my MTPG as my portable, but I might take a try with the Maxell...

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 6
The thin pads coupled with the lighter clamping force makes for more leakage unfortunately.  I ended up switching the pads to the Shure DJ750 pads.  They're a little larger than the stock pads, but way more comfortable imo and with more padding create a better seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back