Maxed out Dynahi vs. Veda Audio Dynahi SA
Aug 9, 2005 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone happen to ever A/B a Maxed Out Dynahi vs. a Veda Audio Dynahi-SA? Was there a remarkable difference in terms of sound quality?

Suppose I can get a plain, 'ok' looking Maxed Out Dynahi for $150 more than a Veda Audio Dynahi-SA.. what should I do?

Thanks

Aug 9, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 7
Any specific reason why? Just curious, :). I'm leaning towards the VA-SA too..

Aug 9, 2005 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 7
One reason is Moon-Audio made 3 and kept the good one. If I recall he tried different PS designs. I don't know the Dynahi PS design well but the others are sinked and regulated, that one looks pretty passive. Course I could very well just not be seeing something. They also populate differently, the MA is using the bottom section of the circuit, the SA not so much.

I'd email MA to have him give you a description. Might be best thing since bread but I don't know.

Totally agree about looks though, that front looks like arse. Least in the pictures. An aluminum front with matching volume would have been better. Looks industrial and thrown together as is. Odd since the inside is so meticulous.

Aug 10, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 7
Bump.. :-/

Maxed vs. Veda = big difference?

Aug 10, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 7
it depends on the upgrades.. if it has parts matched and upgraded power supply section then it will sound just like a dynahi-sa from what i've gathered.

Aug 10, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 7
I think the short answer to your question is that they are both the same circuit, and unless one has a crappy power supply (any details on what the 'maxed out' one has??) then it would be hard to distinguish the two. I mean, it's the same circuit, so the only other differences are in terms of resistors, wiring, and connectors are used.

Both of the ones I've built don't use the Gilmore power supply, so I can't really comment on the sensitivity to power quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back