Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Dec 26, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #575 of 783
mtwill54, the single OPA627 won't work in the D1. Think of it in terms of channels. The D1 is a stereo device so you need a dual opamp. Look up the BrownDog adapter. It allows 2 OPA627's to be used in a single socket. There may be clearance issues though.

http://www.partsconnexion.com/product4269.html

I wouldn't use the AD823 because of the high DC Offset. It may ruin your headphones over time.

For the HDAM, see here:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/OPA/OPAEN.htm
You'll have to measure and see if things will fit since the HDAM is pretty big. I know for the cost that I would rather have the HDAM instead of the OPA627.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #579 of 783
Yea the D1 I don't think is properly grounded always I remember the story of feeling of a few volts of electricity passing through my body when I touched the RCA inputs/out  I don't remember how but the problem fixed itself but was still a bit funny.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #580 of 783

Quote:
Yea the D1 I don't think is properly grounded always I remember the story of feeling of a few volts of electricity passing through my body when I touched the RCA inputs/out  I don't remember how but the problem fixed itself but was still a bit funny.

I thought I was the only one experiencing this! Now I don't feel as insane as before LOL. It's especially prevalent from the tube output - I can send a nasty pop/noise to my speakers if I simply touch the rca cable to the output.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #581 of 783

Quote:

Maybe you can hold on to the RCA output and you will start singing whatever that is being fed to you
o2smile.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #582 of 783
Where's the best place to buy this?  And is it ok for me not to change anything on it?  I don't know anything about amps or headphones but I decided to get the Senhenseiser 650 and people have suggested I get this amp/dac.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #583 of 783
Where's the best place to buy this?  And is it ok for me not to change anything on it?  I don't know anything about amps or headphones but I decided to get the Senhenseiser 650 and people have suggested I get this amp/dac.

You can get it from the chosen place: www.mav-audio.com

No need to roll any opamps. Just connect the cables and you can use it.

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #584 of 783

Quote:
You can get it from the chosen place: www.mav-audio.com
No need to roll any opamps. Just connect the cables and you can use it.

I heard there were problems with noises that it makes is this a big deal or what?

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #585 of 783

Quote:
I heard there were problems with noises that it makes is this a big deal or what?

Ask Ryan (seller) to ensure that the unit has got no noise before shipping it to you. Don't think that is a very prevalent problem, might be affecting only a small batch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back