Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 (DAC/Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Jul 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #137 of 783
Hello, I'd like to ask if maverick would be a good choice for sr60? Maybe someone has some experience with combo like this. Maverick would be no-brainer for me, but I'm afraid if it can give enough low freq (bass) and liveliness for grado. I'm considering also hifiman ef2, which one sounds better?

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #142 of 783

Quote:
according to that diagram only one opamp gets used when using the built in headphone amp.

Technically, yea. The DAC uses one but it's just not mentioned. Just like all the caps and resistors :) There's no choice to turn on/off the DAC opamp, it's required. 

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #146 of 783
Code:
 Hi , The OpAmp used in D1 is dual OpAmp. That means there is only one OpAmp get used when using headphone output. The other one is used when analog output is used. Let me know if you have any other question. Cheers, Ryan Customer Support Maverick Audio

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #147 of 783
Given:
Source - Computer via Toslink or USB
Speakers - Powered Audioengine 2 (or maybe 5)
Subs - Velodyne Impact 10

Questions:

a) How does this compare to the Asus Xonar Essence ST plus H6 daughter card in terms of musical quality given my speakers/subs stated above?

b) Can you use both the Normal Audio Out and the Tube Audio Out simultaneously? I plan to hook my main speakers to the Tube Audio Out and my Subs to the Normal Audio Out. Is this viable?

Thanks.

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:29 AM Post #148 of 783
Hi all,

Would I be able to plug my creative 2.1 speakers into the output of a D1 to get me through until I can get a set of dedicated speakers and amp?

Would this cause any problems? and which set of RCA's would be best to connect it to?

Cheers
Paul

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #149 of 783
joms, you should be able to use both normal and tube outputs at the same time.

barbz, as long as your Creative 2.1 speakers have RCA plugs, that would work. It's actually what I'm doing right now. You can use either set of RCA's. I would recommend removing the tube and using normal outputs since you probably won't be able to appreciate the tube flavor and it would save power and remove heat.

If you guys don't mind, could you keep the discussion in the discussion thread :)

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #150 of 783
As long as they are active or in your case they are more than likely powered speakers.  Meaning they don't need or use amplification since they already have it.

Some of those speakers were made to connect to computers so they use a standard 3.5mm plug, an adapter to convert to RCA(radioshack ftw?) would help you out there.

As for using a separate amp and speakers, of course it will work.  Most dedicated amps have RCA as an input from the mav. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back