Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 & D2 Stack vs Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Stack
May 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Shipwreck

New Head-Fier
After having a full tower desktop for four years, I've finally upgraded it to a mini-ITX form factor. It's great and all besides the audio (only one PCI-E slot which I'm using for my graphics card). Coming from my Auzentech X-Fi Forte, everything sounds awful so I'm now in the market for an amp and DAC.

I currently have an Audio Technica ATH-AD700 but plan on upgrading to the Hifiman HE-500 (or something around that price point) in the distant future. I also plan on using this for my PS3 and future speakers (leaning towards the Audioengine 5+). I just want an amp/DAC combo that'll I'll use for the rest of my audio nirvana search and be able to handle multiple inputs. I guess the budget is $700 for both items. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Schiit because they look nicer and they're made in America.   

May 9, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #2 of 4
If you plan on having an HE-500, you need an amplifier which provides over 2W of power at 50@
the Schiit Lyr does this (at 450$), but it's an amp. only though.
the Audio-GD does this from 399$ all the way up to 1550$ , and it provides you with a good DAC as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back