Matrix Reloaded Discussions: Spoilers...Tread Lightly
May 16, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #31 of 81
100% sure that's not cypher. I'm also 100% sure persephone plays a much more important role than shown? Based on zanth's theories, i'm assuming that the gatekeeper could have been one of the past six versions of neo because of what persephone says, something in the line of how the gatekeeper of past resembled neo of now.

May 16, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #32 of 81
The scene with the architect was great!

The dood that with the hacked mind, thanks to Smith plays a important role im sure. Now in the matrix, Neo has Agent Smith, and inside the real world, he has the "physical" embordiment of Smith.

In the scene with the council man, when they went down to the engineering level, and he rants about the machines that keep Zion ticking, and how in turn the machines rely on humans to generate energy, how that this symbotic relationship of generating power work both ways. Neo's "cataclismic" failure of the matrix, causing the entire human population to die, and how the machines in Zion generate power and heat etc.

Neo says "We can just turn these machines off", but without those very machines Zion goes to hell. Works the same for the machines. It is simply control at a different level.

Now, the architect said something about human nature, initiative. Without initiative, life has no meaning. Zion was created the former "one" and was there a focal point for hope. The hope to finally break free of the matrix and the slavery of the machines. Now, suppose, the machines created Zion, to give man a driving force, a reason to fight, a reason to live. As the machines simply get more and more effecient at destorying Zion, it simply allows for a "reset". Think of it as this: After getting a fresh install of windows and you use your PC for months and months, it tends to get slower, as it becomes saturated with useless info. This is similar to the matrix needs, a simple restart to fix all the anomlies.

With the spoon kid, i think that holds significant meaning. All the matrix is, is a test of the mind. THe matrix seems so real the everyday person that they dont question it. With the spoon bending, the mind bends. Because if "real" is simply electronic impulses interpreted by the mind, the mind is in this case, quite the dupe. So.... it is hard to eliminate the box within the box idea. I know its the simplest answer, but you can justify removing the theory.

PS: apologize for any grammical or spelling errors. I suck at this english crap.

May 17, 2003 at 1:01 AM Post #33 of 81
I hate the box within a box idea....and it is too simple for them to do. The fact that I read a review in which the reviewer explicitly asked about this theory...and the response from 3 cast members was that there is no box within a box within a box...what you see is what you get...leads me to a sense of extreme comfort
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #35 of 81
Yeah, and the council seemed mighty supportive of helping Neo fulfill the prophecy. The councelor that Neo talked to was only in the Matrix for 11 years, he says that's how long he slept while in the matrix anyway. I wonder why the previous version of Neo would have chosen an 11 year old to start populating Zion.

May 17, 2003 at 3:36 AM Post #36 of 81
I saw this awesome movie last night. I absolutely loved it. One thing (just about continuity) I noticed was that when Neo and Trinity were doing their thing in Zion, it was shown that Neo still had plugs in his spine. I remember from the first movie that he had those plugs removed...somehow I remember something being taken out of Neo and dropped into a container..the *plinK* sound of it is what I remember the best...anyone want to refresh my memory?

I thought visually, the best scene was the highway chase, but otherwise the meeting with the Architect took the cake.

I found it interesting how it was the sixth version of the Matrix, and that Neo was the sixth coming of the One. I've been thinking about the choices he was given by the Architect. On one hand, if Neo chose to take the door he was expected to, he would have to choose a certain number of humans to rebuild Zion. Why would he have to do that?

I understand that the One is an anomaly in an otherwise perfect program, but why would freed minds be needed at the restart of the Matrix? If there were no free minds at the start of the Matrix, wouldn't it mean that there would be no one to ultimately free the mind of the One, resulting in the One being a non-factor? Without the mind of the One being freed, Neo would never discover his powers within the Matrix, and the machines would have nothing to fight against. Would they not then have absolute control over the human race?

The kiss from Persephone is definitely important, but I haven't really given it much thought...although I do think it may have something to do with Neo's ability to stop those machines at the end of the movie (or perhaps Neo's connection with Agent Smith)

I also have a theory about the fate of Neo. In the first movie, he is given life. In Reloaded, he gives life. I believe in Revolutions he will die. It will probably be another Choice he has to make to ensure the survival of humans.

I think Agent Smith invaded the mind of Bane, as seen by the scene where Bane is seen cutting himself with the knife, and looking at the blood with wonder (which is actually Smith fascinated by the pain). After Smith invaded Bane, he gained access to the real world, and therefore was able to sabotage the defense efforts of the people of Zion by prematurely setting off the EMP.

....argh I can't formulate any of my thoughts, so I'll leave it at that for now...AWESOME MOVIE.

May 17, 2003 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 81
Sounds like Agent Smith has become a virus.

May 17, 2003 at 4:48 AM Post #38 of 81
Oh: Techno Tribal Dancing = the most pointless waste of time that could have been devoted to plot, ever.

May 17, 2003 at 5:01 AM Post #39 of 81
chewi,

I was also wondering about the plugs - but I saw them on Trinity's body. Guess the time difference between the first and second movies are months instead of years.

one problem i have with the movie is the mainframe thing. if the Zion mainframe controls the gates to Zion, then how can the ships be connected to the Matrix?

IN the first movie the navigator says, to Neo's question, "You laways look at it encoded?", and he says, "The image translators work for the construct program. Way too much information to decode the Matrix".

So then they must have some sort of cable that goes 7 miles into the earth. but then how is that data transmitted to the ships? this all goes back to the sentients being able to only move within their hardwired system. The alien computer which is running the Matrix is an enclosed system. how then are they tapping into it? somewhere there must be a repeater. it must be microwave.

May 17, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #40 of 81
I've heard many others say that the dance scene is a waste of time. I think the opposite. Before the possible destruction of the earth, I would be trying to live it up and get laid too...wouldn't you? I thought the dance scene also shows that the people of Zion still have the ability to have fun and not be so depressed all the time. I personally love dancing at clubs and the like, so this is another reason why I liked that scene. Dancing is such a great why to become one with your body. Therefore, I think the dance scene was not a waste of time, but a glimpse at how the people of Zion like to live their lives and are linked strongly to one another.

May 17, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #41 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
Oh: Techno Tribal Dancing = the most pointless waste of time that could have been devoted to plot, ever.

agreed, that scene didn't really have much place in the movie. Time that could've been spent showing the ships getting mauled during the "counter-attack"

May 17, 2003 at 8:23 PM Post #42 of 81
The dance scene combined with Trinity and Neo copulating is actually quite important. Whether is needed to actually be demonstrated on film or simply referenced is a matter of opinion. We all make choices...the point of the movie...but an even bigger point, or perhaps the main theme...is us vs. them...man against machine. The point is that WE are unique...and they are not. Humans are decidedly based on a plethora of factores...genetic and environmental...but they are expressed via our emotions. The dance, however erotic, symbolized that passion...the passion for life...the passion to fight...and the passion to love. Love is the all encompassing final weapon against the machines. It is what caused Neo to choose the right door. It is what caused him to save Morpheus, to rescue Trinity, and ultimately to save humanity. That scene was definitively human...and hence ultimately important.

Not to mention rocking upbeat Flukeass techno jams with hotty ladies
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #44 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
somewhere there must be a repeater. it must be microwave.

Oh, ****. 802.11b, IT HAS BEGUN!

May 18, 2003 at 1:04 AM Post #45 of 81
Quote:

Originally posted by PeterG
The guy that said that in the first one is Cypher. He is dead. . Tank fried him in real life with the same gun Cypher used to kill Dozer. The facial hair just makes them look alike. How did tank die BTW?!?

TANK or Marcus Chong wanted more money and was difficult so the producers basically said "see ya later". From what I remember of the original controversy he was kind of a dick about the role and they decided to cut their losses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back