Master & Dynamic Video - MH40: DYNAMIC DIFFERENCES
Jun 10, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #16 of 31
Now of Ultrasone was to make this they probably cost 2K. Good to see companies which still design product with logical price bracket while keep product quality high. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 31
Wow!  What an amazingly well-made and visually innovative promo video.

My compliments to Master & Dynamic and the creators of this vid.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #18 of 31
The video is amazing in deed, but list like the V-Moda the company spends too much on promotions to attract customers. You will pay mainly for the design and built quality, not for the sound. Sadly this is a personal experience... :frowning2:

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #21 of 31
I have the MH40 and its one of my most used headphones. I have let many people demo them at local gatherings in my area and nothing but positive feedback. The overall sound signature to my ears is there Neutral.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #24 of 31
I heard these while I was travelling in Asia and honestly I can say that these sound superb 
biggrin.gif
. I get that when you see a product like this which is so focussed on looks and design it's easy to immediately expect that the sound has been compromised (that's how I felt when I first saw it and looked at the price). However, I think master & dynamic are filling in a niche in the market with not too many real competitors - being very high quality sound with uncompromising design and build quality in a portable can. I don't think V-moda are close to being in the same tier as these in sound or looks while the bowers & wilkins series of headphones are more or a real competitor in the same niche with a bit of a different kind of sound sig and different aesthetic. I'd say the MH40s are the best looking and sounding portable closed headphones I've heard but hey, the more choice the better for us right? The price is slightly on the high side IMO but honestly, this is a luxury product too and after hearing them I don't think anyone would feel "ripped off" per se :)

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #25 of 31
Quite frankly, I would feel mucho embarrassed to walk around with these on my head/person, because I find the looks and build completely overkill. I prefer understated high-quality build and materials, not in-your-face metal and leather like in this case.

Having said that, the only one of the MH40s I could even fathom for ownership is the all-black model, for mitigating all the reasons against ownership that I have listed above.

Moreover, the MH30 in all-black goes even further in the right direction.

Jun 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 31
I heard these while I was travelling in Asia and honestly I can say that these sound superb :D . I get that when you see a product like this which is so focussed on looks and design it's easy to immediately expect that the sound has been compromised (that's how I felt when I first saw it and looked at the price). However, I think master & dynamic are filling in a niche in the market with not too many real competitors - being very high quality sound with uncompromising design and build quality in a portable can. I don't think V-moda are close to being in the same tier as these in sound or looks while the bowers & wilkins series of headphones are more or a real competitor in the same niche with a bit of a different kind of sound sig and different aesthetic. I'd say the MH40s are the best looking and sounding portable closed headphones I've heard but hey, the more choice the better for us right? The price is slightly on the high side IMO but honestly, this is a luxury product too and after hearing them I don't think anyone would feel "ripped off" per se :)

I agree with you completely these do sound amazing, Vmoda has very nice build quality to them but they are not in the same class as MD. Vmoda is more for a younger group and MD is more classy. I have both the 30 and 40 and the 40 are more neutral and the 30 goes deep with bass.

Jul 9, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #27 of 31
Wow they look sleek and sexy for $400. Maybe when I'm ready to spend serious money I'll pick up a pair. Impressions above make them out to be very detailed, dynamic with excellent range, and comfortable without compromising aesthetics.

Jan 24, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #30 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back