Master & Dynamic Video - MH40: DYNAMIC DIFFERENCES
Jun 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

masterdynamic

Member of the Trade: Master & Dynamic
No shortcuts – creativity is built from the ground up.

Master & Dynamic’s commitment to honest design, luxury materials and advanced engineering comes through in the MH40 Over Ear headphone. Our latest film, DYNAMIC DIFFERENCES charts the MH40’s journey from raw material to finished creation.

Learn more about the MH40: http://www.masterdynamic.com/products/mh40-over-ear-headphones

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 31
Fantastic! Very well done.

Though I have to say that aesthetically, I prefer the MH30s. Love how you reimagined the old crystal radio headsets from the '20s and '30s.

Welcome to HeadFi!

se

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 31
Sweet advertisement! I'm seriously considering a MH30. But one reviewer says they are "dark". That gives me reason to pause. :frowning2:

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #8 of 31
They are not dark to my ears at all, they extend pretty low when the music calls for it.

Thanks for the reply. Did you mean pretty "high" instead of low? As for overall tuning, what cans or IEMs have a similar tuning to the MH30?

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #9 of 31
Thanks for the reply. Did you mean pretty "high" instead of low? As for overall tuning, what cans or IEMs have a similar tuning to the MH30?

Know I meant they extend low in the sub bass region with a nice rumble. But they are not a dark headphone to my ears. I guess the closest thing I would have to compare them to  would be V-Moda XS but the MH30's have better detail and clarity, and definitely more controlled bass. But its kind of unfair compairing the two the MH30's are almost double the price. I have listened to a lot of headphones and I am not a bass head and like a more balanced headphone. I wouldn't definitely recommend them to you.

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #12 of 31
Know I meant they extend low in the sub bass region with a nice rumble. But they are not a dark headphone to my ears. I guess the closest thing I would have to compare them to  would be V-Moda XS but the MH30's have better detail and clarity, and definitely more controlled bass. But its kind of unfair compairing the two the MH30's are almost double the price. I have listened to a lot of headphones and I am not a bass head and like a more balanced headphone. I wouldn't definitely recommend them to you.

Thanks, that is very helpful.

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #14 of 31
They are on my short list for closed cans. I got to hear them at the spring NY meet. Excellent SQ and build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back