Master & Dynamic MW60 Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #76 of 82
Hello guys. I recently bought the MW50+ and I really like them. I was looking all over for a good quality over ear bluetooth headphone that didn't required some stupid app to function or sound good. I'm not even a big fan of noise canceling, which seems is the new big trend. I mean who cares about sound quality right?

Anyways, the problem that I'm having is with the bluetooth connection. Seems like the signal is very weak and it's constantly stuttering. This happens if I move more than 10 feet (line of sight) from my player or phone. Also if I'm walking with my phone/player in my pocket. I have an LGV40 and a Hiby R3 Pro and the issue happens with both devices even after trying different codecs. I have the Momemtum Wireless 2.0 and Tribit Xfree Tune and I have no issues with those. I already contacted M&D support to see if I can have a replacement. Hopefully this is a defective unit and a replacement will be the solution.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #77 of 82
Hello guys. I recently bought the MW50+ and I really like them. I was looking all over for a good quality over ear bluetooth headphone that didn't required some stupid app to function or sound good. I'm not even a big fan of noise canceling, which seems is the new big trend. I mean who cares about sound quality right?

Anyways, the problem that I'm having is with the bluetooth connection. Seems like the signal is very weak and it's constantly stuttering. This happens if I move more than 10 feet (line of sight) from my player or phone. Also if I'm walking with my phone/player in my pocket. I have an LGV40 and a Hiby R3 Pro and the issue happens with both devices even after trying different codecs. I have the Momemtum Wireless 2.0 and Tribit Xfree Tune and I have no issues with those. I already contacted M&D support to see if I can have a replacement. Hopefully this is a defective unit and a replacement will be the solution.

I wonder if there are any firmware upgrades for their headphones. I've had similar issues with the MW60.

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #78 of 82
I wonder if there are any firmware upgrades for their headphones. I've had similar issues with the MW60.
I notice there could be issues when you have 2 devices connected to the MW60 at the same time. If I just have 1 device, namely my iPhone, I don't seem to have any issues. When I have 2 devices connected simultaneously, I need connect my Android device first, then the iPhone. If I connect the iPhone first, the Android device will connect then drop.

Jun 8, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #79 of 82
I notice there could be issues when you have 2 devices connected to the MW60 at the same time. If I just have 1 device, namely my iPhone, I don't seem to have any issues. When I have 2 devices connected simultaneously, I need connect my Android device first, then the iPhone. If I connect the iPhone first, the Android device will connect then drop.

This is good to know! Thank you. I originally sold my MW60, and then recently purchased it again on sale. I’ve pretty much only used it in the house with my iPad. So, I’m not having any issues with BT connectivity. Granted I’m not moving around and the host device (the iPad) is right in front of me. Of course I would like the versatility of using it with my iPhone which rests in my pocket.

The original MW60 with my iPhone in my pocket did suffer drop-outs while walking a bike path. I’ll have to try your recommendation in the near future with the second MW60 I now have in my possession.

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #80 of 82
Actually I only paired the MW50+ with the phone just to test if the problem occurred with both devices. I bought the headphones to use them mainly with the portable dap. So the few days I used them they were only paired to the R3 Pro. I understand most wireless headphones are going to have a few hiccups here and there but this was too much. Unless you were willing to listen to music while standing still like a mannequin.

Btw, M&D got back to me earlier today and they are going to replace my headphones with a new one. I'm sending mines tomorrow and they are paying for shipping. Proper customer service.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #81 of 82
Yeah, they are just OK in terms of SQ. For example, I picked up the MH40 Wireless, which I basically thought would be a wireless version of the MH40...wrong. It has a decidedly different sound signature, which is fairly cold and and overall boring. It's almost as if someone decided to tune them like studio monitors, which makes no sense, given any actual monitoring will be done wired. I love the MH40 with their 45mm drivers, but I don't like the MH40 Wireless with its supposed superior Beryllium 40mm drivers.

While I'm sure the MH40 Wireless will sell, generally, the market segment is seemingly limited to hipsters with only Airpods as a reference.

The studio monitor sound quality of the MW40 Wireless is EXACTLY why I prefer them over the MW60. I love neutral sound, and it feels like I'm hearing the tracks as they were recorded, not as a M&D engineer thinks they should be heard.

And comparing MW40s to AirPods? Come on, man. I could put AirPods and MW40 Wirelesses on my 85-year-old mother, and she could discern that the MW40s have a much higher sound quality than the original AirPods. I have Chi-Fi earbuds that sound as good as the original AirPods.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #82 of 82
Just got the mw65, nice cans. Very crisp/clear. But very quiet, anyone know how to raise the max volume on these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back