Master & Dynamic MW50+ Convertable On & Over Ear Wireless w/ Beryllium
Dec 25, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #32 of 40
Bumping this thread. I just grabbed a set of these for an unbelievable price of $100 USD new in box (long story). For those who have these, how do you like the sound. I've been using mobius lately. Any comparisons recognizing different tech etc? I have MW07 for my gym use and I am addicted to the sq and sound profile. Thanks.
How did you grab them for $100?! Was it at a retail store?

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #35 of 40
Are they good with the full size pads?

My initial reaction is no they are not or at least not as good as with the on ears. The bass seems reduced and the sound seems far away. This is based on my early impressions so I will report back after I’ve had an extended listen. Seems like these were designed to be on ears and the over ears may be a bit of a gimmick. Still as on ears the sound is excellent.

Oct 20, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #37 of 40
Late to the party as I'm just getting into Bluetooth headphones, after helping a friend getting some Focal Bathys, she wanted something wireless on the level with or close to my higher end cans so thought I'd venture into the realm.
Anyway came cross Master & Dynamic, bought the MH40, pretty good sound but slightly too small for my noggin, but after returning them picked up the Sennheiser HD450SE, not too bad either but the the stealth all black M & D left an impression in style, build quality and sound.
Long story short a pair of NIB MW50+ popped up in all black....need more time with them but sounding very good, so far preferring to the on over ear pads, really good bass, tonality and pretty good staging...move over Grado.
Screen Shot 2023-10-20 at 8.39.15 AM.png

:)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #38 of 40
Late to the party as I'm just getting into Bluetooth headphones
Maybe I just do not get out much but these little MW50 are surprisingly very good, might be the beryllium driver..........settled on the over ear pads, very articulate and defined bass, good tonal spectrum with an easy going top end and a decent soundstage, just not very deep though.
Now my new avatar. :sunglasses:

Oct 22, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #39 of 40
Maybe I just do not get out much but these little MW50 are surprisingly very good, might be the beryllium driver..........settled on the over ear pads, very articulate and defined bass, good tonal spectrum with an easy going top end and a decent soundstage, just not very deep though.
Now my new avatar. :sunglasses:
They are fun little headphones and I love being able to switch ear pads, although I much prefer the larger over-ear ones, as it seems you do -- but occasionally I'll pop on the smaller ones to just be even more portable -- but I think they sound best with the over ear pads and they are certainly more comfortable as well.

And Master & Design makes some very beautiful headphones. I dig their style for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back