Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus Impressions
May 8, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #94 of 104
In case of interest to anyone the M&D MW07 Plus in the Nike KD13 colours are currently 50% off direct from M&D with the code HYPE. I have a pair inbound in the U.K. for £114.50 delivered.

May 9, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #96 of 104
There seems to be the odd report that the latest MW07 Plus now support AAC, but the M&D website still doesn’t mention it. As an iPhone user this would be a bonus so I will try and check.

May 13, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #99 of 104
I posted this in the TWS thread but it seems reasonable to stick it here too for reference. Really like the Slim Reaper finish too.

My M&D MW07 Plus arrived today. Colour me impressed on first use, although the bar wasn’t too high with my current TWS (Jabra 65t and Pamu Quiet). I’ve got some wired molded Livewires and Shure SE500 I have used with an adapter, and some decent full size cans (eg Senn HD650) knocking about too and Sony WH-1000 Xm2 for noise cancelling.

The MW07 Plus fit me great out of the box, which is half the battle with IEMs I think. The little fins are great. Could go on the dodgems with these and not worry I reckon. Love having real buttons that work and which I’ve learned in 2 minutes. Build quality is outstanding. Charging case much smaller than I expected from the pictures. My model has a matt black stainless steel case that looks great. Sound, I’m no expert, but they’re not going back. Lots of air and separation, don’t sound like they are in the ear at all. Comfortable +1 hour in but like most IEMs not sure I’d want to wear for a straight 8+ hours which is their battery life. Yet to ‘test’ connection but my iPhone as main source is always close so don’t expect issues. Noise cancelling not a strong feature but that’s fine - passive cancelling is pretty good and the ANC helps with droning low frequency. Yet to test phone calls much but seems ok.

So - at half price I’m very happy so far. The offer runs until 31st May 2021 I think [Nike KD13 colourway versions direct from M&D with code HYPE]. Haven’t figured out how to check if they support AAC or not (specs say no but some mixed reports say later versions did).

Cheers all.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #100 of 104
I posted this in the TWS thread but it seems reasonable to stick it here too for reference. Really like the Slim Reaper finish too.

My M&D MW07 Plus arrived today. Colour me impressed on first use, although the bar wasn’t too high with my current TWS (Jabra 65t and Pamu Quiet). I’ve got some wired molded Livewires and Shure SE500 I have used with an adapter, and some decent full size cans (eg Senn HD650) knocking about too and Sony WH-1000 Xm2 for noise cancelling.

The MW07 Plus fit me great out of the box, which is half the battle with IEMs I think. The little fins are great. Could go on the dodgems with these and not worry I reckon. Love having real buttons that work and which I’ve learned in 2 minutes. Build quality is outstanding. Charging case much smaller than I expected from the pictures. My model has a matt black stainless steel case that looks great. Sound, I’m no expert, but they’re not going back. Lots of air and separation, don’t sound like they are in the ear at all. Comfortable +1 hour in but like most IEMs not sure I’d want to wear for a straight 8+ hours which is their battery life. Yet to ‘test’ connection but my iPhone as main source is always close so don’t expect issues. Noise cancelling not a strong feature but that’s fine - passive cancelling is pretty good and the ANC helps with droning low frequency. Yet to test phone calls much but seems ok.

So - at half price I’m very happy so far. The offer runs until 31at May 2021 I think. Haven’t figured out how to check if they support AAC or not (specs say no but some mixed reports say later versions did).

Cheers all.

Where is this offer from? Is there a coupon code?

May 14, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #102 of 104
Haven’t figured out how to check if they support AAC or not (specs say no but some mixed reports say later versions did).

Cheers all.
So a quick check playing iTunes on my iMac shows the connection as SBC which is a shame. Not sure there's much in it with a strong connection & compressed music, but it will definitely count out Apple HiFi when it arrives (if they don't limit it to Apple headphones/new licenses haha).

May 14, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #103 of 104
Yet to ‘test’ connection but my iPhone as main source is always close so don’t expect issues.
MW07 Plus Update - Oh dear. 1 1/2 hour walk on a route with no issues on other TWS buds. Suffered infrequent random but regular drop outs. iPhone XR in a lightweight jacket - front left and right pockets at belt level, and holding/moving phone in hand, all experienced it. In an open air park environment with no other devices close, and on a not very busy U.K. high street. Doesn’t bode well for the City of London at rush hour post covid.

Will try a few more walks whilst I’m in the return period, but can’t see it magically improving sadly. Bummer.

Jul 16, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #104 of 104
MW07 Plus Update - Oh dear. 1 1/2 hour walk on a route with no issues on other TWS buds. Suffered infrequent random but regular drop outs. iPhone XR in a lightweight jacket - front left and right pockets at belt level, and holding/moving phone in hand, all experienced it. In an open air park environment with no other devices close, and on a not very busy U.K. high street. Doesn’t bode well for the City of London at rush hour post covid.

Will try a few more walks whilst I’m in the return period, but can’t see it magically improving sadly.
Well, I thought I should update. Connection seems ok and these are my go to TWS now. There is the odd strange glitch every now and again, but not enough to return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back