Master Clock Talk
May 22, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #1,922 of 3,353
Do we need to place the cooper tape on the Bnc connectors of the master clock? Or should this tweak just apply for the cables only?!
I placed the copper tape on the bnc connectors on the cable only as shown in the pic. While the lmr400 cable is decent, the connectors are of poor quality. Mine was purchased from aliexpress. I guess I can't really complain since it was $15. I tried the copper tape on my oyaide bnc cable but couldn't hear any noticeable difference.

I don't know if placing copper tape on the bnc connectors on the master clock will yield any improvement, I haven't tried it.

I did try holding some faraday tape over all the bnc connectors on the master clock but didn't really hear any noticeable difference.

May 22, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #1,923 of 3,353
I think that it does not make any differences with the empty ones being set at gnd/iso.
I'm going to respectfully disagree because if it didn't make a difference, why would they waste the time and money to put it there.

I'm guessing but I think the iso/gnd setting is there to mitigate reflections as all the outputs are active all the time.

Problem is I'm not sure which one. They really need to release a manual for the ock2.

May 22, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #1,924 of 3,353
I'm going to respectfully disagree because if it didn't make a difference, why would they waste the time and money to put it there.

I'm guessing but I think the iso/gnd setting is there to mitigate reflections as all the outputs are active all the time.

Problem is I'm not sure which one. They really need to release a manual for the ock2.
For my case, i have been using 03 sine bnc output of OCK2 for Gustard U18, R26 and Etherregen respectively. I used to try to change the iso/gnd setting, but honestly i couldn't hear any differences in terms of SQ.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #1,930 of 3,353
If so, should we use Iso setting of OCK2 for the best SQ when we have grounded for the system?
Use ISO settings on all outputs you use, except the one connected to a DAC. This is general recommendation, you might benefit from isolating DAC as well.

May 23, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #1,932 of 3,353
... While the lmr400 cable is decent, the connectors are of poor quality. Mine was purchased from aliexpress. I guess I can't really complain since it was $15. I tried the copper tape on my oyaide bnc cable but couldn't hear any noticeable difference.
This is why the choice of connectors and the quality of the assembly are as important as the quality of the cable. In the end, by choosing the right supplier, you win on all fronts and you avoid spending money ! :wink:

S__20230414_162307870.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #1,933 of 3,353
Btw the connectors of the HT DC III are totally non-magnetic, for what that's worth, as are the BNC jacks of the OCK-2 and R26. As opposed to my AliX LMR400-style cable whose plugs are magnetic. When the full BNC plug/jack junction of each cable is wrapped thoroughly in copper tape as below I get satisfying audible improvements with each cable.

20230519_221320.jpg

May 23, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #1,934 of 3,353
This is why the choice of connectors and the quality of the assembly are as important as the quality of the cable. In the end, by choosing the right supplier, you win on all fronts and you avoid spending money ! :wink:

S__20230414_162307870.jpg

Did you run a magnet over the connector on that cable?

I'm willing to bet at least the knurled ring on that connector is steel if not the whole thing.

May 23, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #1,935 of 3,353
I use iso setting for peace of mind. If you do not have ground loop problem, no need to change the setting.
Ok but what does each setting do exactly?

I'm assuming iso stands for isolation and gnd stands for ground, how is it achieving each of those functions.

Has anyone checked with beatechnik about this? I would ask but I didn't purchase mine from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back