Master Clock Talk
Mar 23, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #3,331 of 3,353
So upgrading OCK-2 with DDC U18 probably won't make any difference. Thank you
I think it depends on your system and how transparent your headphones/speakers are.
The differences are there in my system. (Gustard x26pro to U18 to Ock2 to soloist 3xp to He 1000).
More sound separation, the vocalist is more focused, basically a slight soundstage improvement.

If you are using a noisy computer as the source, I would start with the U18 upgrade first then consider adding the Ock2.

If you are using a streamer, then the U18 makes less of a difference.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #3,332 of 3,353
Tôi nghĩ điều đó phụ thuộc vào hệ thống của bạn và độ mạnh mẽ của tai nghe/loa của bạn.
Điều đặc biệt là có trong hệ thống của tôi. (Gustard x26pro đến U18 đến Ock2 đến solo 3xp đến He 1000).
Tách âm nhiều hơn, giọng ca sĩ tập trung hơn, về cơ bản là âm trường được cải thiện đôi chút.

Nếu bạn đang sử dụng máy tính ồn ào làm nguồn, tôi sẽ bắt đầu với bản nâng cấp U18 trước đó xem xét thêm Ock2.

Nếu bạn đang sử dụng một bộ truyền phát thì U18 sẽ ít tạo ra sự khác biệt hơn.
Mình đang phát nhạc từ ổ cứng trên PC nên có U18. Nên mình muốn mua OCK-2 xem nó có tốt hơn không. Vì mình chỉ có U18 mới vào OCK

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #3,333 of 3,353
Tôi nghĩ điều đó phụ thuộc vào hệ thống của bạn và độ mạnh mẽ của tai nghe/loa của bạn.
Điều đặc biệt là có trong hệ thống của tôi. (Gustard x26pro đến U18 đến Ock2 đến solo 3xp đến He 1000).
Tách âm nhiều hơn, giọng ca sĩ tập trung hơn, về cơ bản là âm trường được cải thiện đôi chút.

Nếu bạn đang sử dụng máy tính ồn ào làm nguồn, tôi sẽ bắt đầu với bản nâng cấp U18 trước đó xem xét thêm Ock2.

Nếu bạn đang sử dụng một bộ truyền phát thì U18 sẽ ít tạo ra sự khác biệt hơn.
Mình đang phát nhạc từ ổ cứng trên PC nên có U18. Nên mình muốn mua OCK-2 xem nó có tốt hơn không. Vì mình chỉ có U18 mới vào OCK

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #3,334 of 3,353
Có ai đã sử dụng nguồn điện cho máy tính mini HP chưa? Nó có thay đổi âm thanh chút nào không?
1000004473.jpg

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #3,335 of 3,353
I read from your previous post you are using a Musician Pegasus so I am unsure of the synergy between that DAC and the Ock2.

Can only share from experience that the Gustard x26pro has very good synergy with the U18 and ock2.
Both the X26pro and U18 is connected with the OCk2's square wave output, I sonically prefer this setup over just connecting the u18 to the Ock2.

I also use the IFI Defender 3 w/ 5v LPS and connect that to the root port of my PC to further reduce PC noise which has a positive effect.

From a value perspective, I do not regret paying around ~450 CAD on sale.

Mar 24, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #3,336 of 3,353
I read from your previous post you are using a Musician Pegasus so I am unsure of the synergy between that DAC and the Ock2.

Can only share from experience that the Gustard x26pro has very good synergy with the U18 and ock2.
Both the X26pro and U18 is connected with the OCk2's square wave output, I sonically prefer this setup over just connecting the u18 to the Ock2.

I also use the IFI Defender 3 w/ 5v LPS and connect that to the root port of my PC to further reduce PC noise which has a positive effect.

From a value perspective, I do not regret paying around ~450 CAD on sale.
Why does your computer use 5V power?

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #3,337 of 3,353
Apr 4, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #3,339 of 3,353
I'm considering buying a 10M clock for my TEAC VRDS 701.
Has anyone ever made a comparison between Aune SC1 Vs LHY Audio OCK-2 ?
I have the Aune and am curious how it stands up to the OCK2 (and 1 for that matter).

Aune seems to have put a lot of effort into the SC1, but I don't know how much of it is marketing fluff...

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #3,341 of 3,353
Aune seems to have put a lot of effort into the SC1, but I don't know how much of it is marketing fluff...
What I don't like about the Aune is the size. While the OCK-2 is smaller and thinner and I could also put it on top of the TEAC (which would guarantee me a very short cable), the Aune has more generous dimensions and I would have to put it in a dedicated compartment of the rack and connect it via a longer cable.
Obviously I can only comment on aesthetics and specifications, having never tried them. That's why I was asking for some opinions here.
Aune claims to use technology from Titans Audio Lab, which I've honestly never heard of before. I think you're referring to this when you were talking about marketing.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #3,342 of 3,353
What I don't like about the Aune is the size. While the OCK-2 is smaller and thinner and I could also put it on top of the TEAC (which would guarantee me a very short cable), the Aune has more generous dimensions and I would have to put it in a dedicated compartment of the rack and connect it via a longer cable.
Obviously I can only comment on aesthetics and specifications, having never tried them. That's why I was asking for some opinions here.
Aune claims to use technology from Titans Audio Lab, which I've honestly never heard of before. I think you're referring to this when you were talking about marketing.
OCK-2 is probably better than Aune. However I would go for one with DC input when buying expensive ones. Powersupply means a lot, as the system might not respond to a brighter sounding psu when the system is on that side of sound too.

If you only need one output, go for Afterdark or Cybershaft. If you really need atleast 3 outputs take the OCK-2(for the money)

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #3,343 of 3,353
I don't know about the OCK2, but the Aune is pretty small. It is the same form factor as their compact line of desktop units (vs their full size desktop lineup).

The Aune is pretty inexpensive, but I think you need to figure in the cost of an upgraded psu. Eg, I bought an iFi iPower unit for mine.

I hadn't heard of Titans before, but the products on their website seem to be crazy high end. But that's what I mean; Aune is saying all the right things, but I dont have enough experience in clocks to know their relative performance.

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #3,344 of 3,353
They are on the same price range.
Aune plus is dedicated 12V DC In while OCK-2 has only internal power supply (indeed a very good one).
Do you have any internal picture of the Aune? I have found only some details, but not a complete picture.
I don't have any internal pics.

I suspect the Aune will scale up, based on the quality of psu driving it. But how high?

Apr 4, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #3,345 of 3,353
I am so sorry for the confusion; I have the XC1 and you were asking about the SC1. Yes - the SC1 is large.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back