MASSIVE MASSDROP MADNESS: UERM Holiday Super Sale
Jan 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #16 of 31
Looks like my order is in batch #2 due to be shipped to Massdrop on 1/27.  

Jan 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #17 of 31

I got my pair delivered. Definitely been loving these so far. They sound absolutely fantastic. Definitely a bit better than the Demos I tried. 

Quote:
  do another drop for the rest of us :wink:

Unfortunately, due to the rude/entitled posture of current customers, I doubt this will come back anytime soon. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #18 of 31

Unfortunately, due to the rude/entitled posture of current customers, I doubt this will come back anytime soon. 

I'd be surprised as well. There's a few folks in that drop that can't seem to get over themselves even though Massdrop has apologized and has done as best as they can given some unfortunate (and quite personal) events.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 31

I'd be surprised as well. There's a few folks in that drop that can't seem to get over themselves even though Massdrop has apologized and has done as best as they can given some unfortunate (and quite personal) events.

Indeed. Some heartbreaking events. And the response from people was pretty... well sad as well: "yea yea, sad stuff, where are my earphones" 
frown.gif

those people will already have their goods, so they won't cause drama for the next round of patient people such as myself ? :wink:

I'm rooting for you! I really am enjoying my pair 
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #21 of 31
I guess they should actually do another drop just to prove they can make it happen without the delays and drama.  If I hosted a drop as a producer and wasn't able to follow through on some commitment I would definitely host another to right the perception. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #25 of 31
how do these compare to those 10 driver whatchamacallits from that company in Santa Barbara?  Those were on my wish list but if these can compete at a much lower price point then I am all ears, literally :wink: I use ER-4s now which have great sound but are somewhat hard to drive and hurt my ears no matter what tips (even custom mold) I try.  The custom molds feel ok actually but go too deep, are hard to insert and remove and make suction sound when I move my jaw.  They are also a little too closed feeling.  I'd like something with a shallower but more rigid fit that doesn't feel like i have an ear full of gum.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #27 of 31
Just received my UERM's from this today.  Arrived in typical UE exterior box, a small travel storage box, headphones with shorter black cable, and a nice bonus of a 1/4" adapter attached to I believe is an impedance adapter.  I asked UE to use my impressions from last time and they came out great.  Enjoying them so far out of my iPhone.  

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #28 of 31
Got mine today as well. Coming from 3 years with JH16s, these UERMs have wayyy more detail. The bass isn't as strong of course (by design), but I had no idea I was missing out on so many details in the music. These puppies will be on my ears all weekend.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #29 of 31
I received my UERM's today.  The left side fits perfectly.  The right side plain hurts.  I have tried adjusting them as best I can, but they seat and seal very well but the tip is butting up against my ear canal instead of residing comfortably inside it on the right side.

I will reach out to UE tomorrow to see what they recommend.  I used the audiologist here in Houston that was recommended by UE.  The office was run very well from what I could tell.

Disappointed after a long wait for these.  

HS

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #30 of 31
I had the same issue with my ER-4s custom fittings.  The fit maybe just a little too tight where you think you might pull your eardrum out while pulling them our of your ear.  I think sometimes they inject too much pressure on that silicone stuff and the impression is bigger then your normal ear canal size.  I stopped using them as they were too much hassle and made noise every time i moved my jaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back