Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
May 5, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #512 of 766
This is very tempting for a Noble at this price, I just bought the LZ-A4 but wondering if this will compliment them or exceed them?

May 5, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #513 of 766
This is very tempting for a Noble at this price, I just bought the LZ-A4 but wondering if this will compliment them or exceed them?

Hi there,

I have both and am very happy with both. While the A4 is extremely flexible in its sound due to all the tuning options, I appreciate the Noble X for it always sounding fantastic, with any genre no matter what. I was blown away by the price to performance ratio of the A4, but now I'm blown away by the Noble X. It seems like a gift from the audio gods given the price of the Sage that it is (I think) based on. Proud owner here and I will never sell it. Apologies in advance to your checking account/credit card, but you should jump on the drop right now. It is a masterpiece at $250 or even higher.

-Collin-

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #514 of 766
Hi there,

I have both and am very happy with both. While the A4 is extremely flexible in its sound due to all the tuning options, I appreciate the Noble X for it always sounding fantastic, with any genre no matter what. I was blown away by the price to performance ration of the A4, but now I'm blown away by the Noble X. It seems like a gift for the audio gods given the price of the Sage that it is (I think) based on. Proud owner here and I will never sell it. Apologies in advance to your checking account/credit card, but you should jump on the drop right now. It is a masterpiece at $250 or even higher.

-Collin-

Sounds good then, yeah my Wallet is not going to dig this but it looks so good and wouldn't mind having a couple of newer daily drivers to jump between.

May 7, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #515 of 766
I wonder if someone can share some insights into how these compare to the Sony N3AP?

I know they are fairly different, but if they will be mainly driven by an iPhone, what would you choose? I used to have a pair of Westone 4R which I enjoyed for many years, but I lost them recently so I am looking for some replacements. I mostly listen to Jazz, female vocals and some Rock, and I do enjoy good bass. Price doesn't matter as I can get them for similar prices.

Many thanks in advance!

May 8, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #516 of 766
May 8, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #517 of 766
I don't have any experience with triple flange tips for this earphone, but I have the Spinfits and they do insert pretty deeply, much deeper than the standard tips from Noble. You can give it a try if you don't find any triple flanges.

I listened to my Spinfits for the first time today. I didn't have to push and manipulate them in my ears after I got them settled! I got a good seal and it stuck. With the stock large silicon tips, I was having to manipulate them every couple minutes.

Excellent recommendation!

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #518 of 766
Can we have some more photos of the noble x custome?
The meteorite version is really nice!

Quote:

Obsidyen is on the correct page. There would be a fee for such service, which is in line with other Wizard Universals offered on the Noble web page.

The preliminary plan for this service is:

Three designs will be offered.

1) Black Meteorite

2) Blue Meteorite

3) Black Matrix

1. One Design built per month (example 1st month Black Meteorite 2nd month Blue Meteorite 3rd month Black Matrix)
  2. 100 sets built per month
  3. $200 service fee
  4. Build time 4 weeks, from the date they reach the assembly facility

IEMs would be shipped to the California office, and bulk shipped on a pre-determined date. (so if one wants to participate, you best get a seat on the train ASAP, before the train leaves, as you will miss that months build cycle)

1. Shipping costs to the California office is the customers burden
  2. Shipping costs of the finished product backed to the California office is Noble's burden (will be bulk shipped with other finished products)
  3. Shipping costs from the California office back to the customer will be the customers burden

Do keep in mind, there may be additional taxes assessed on the IEMs as they are shipped back to the customer, and it is the customers burden to pay the assessed tax. (if any are applied)

Due to the nature of this hand work, only 3 sets a day can be built and this slow pace prevents this type of service to be directly connected to Massdrop sales (future or past)

So if you are interested in this service, you will be required to deal directly with Noble.

Send a PM if you are interested. At this point in time we have yet to set up our website to accept such orders.

May 10, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #519 of 766
I got in on this last drop. Can't wait to get these in. At least the wait isn't going to be as long as the first one was ...

May 10, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #521 of 766
My review for the Noble X is finally up! Probably useful for anyone who was still on the fence in regards to their second drop order. Follow this link:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/massdrop-x-noble-x-universal-iem.22025/reviews#review-18550

As an owner of the Massdrop x HIFIMAN RE00 I'm not sure on the following comment in your review:
"With the X project, MD was aiming at creating their first unique foray into the UNIVERSAL IEM market"
Yes, much shorter wait this time
Are they already made or is there a busy couple of weeks ahead of the Noble team?

May 10, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #525 of 766
As an owner of the Massdrop x HIFIMAN RE00 I'm not sure on the following comment in your review:
"With the X project, MD was aiming at creating their first unique foray into the UNIVERSAL IEM market"

That is indeed true. Somehow the RE00 just slipped my mind when I was writing it.

Will amend it when I can. Don't have the chance right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back