Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Mar 23, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #346 of 766
are they all have tracking number or those who paid extra for extra post?
I didn't get trackino or you check on massdrop?

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #347 of 766
Got an update yesterday. Coming in on Sat! Can't wait to compare them to my Earsonic SM64 :D

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #348 of 766
img_comment%2FnhNSV736SwibFMmEYTkc_20170323_151039.jpg

Cant believe it! The time has come. They exist!! Amazing sound right out of the box and very beautiful. Great job Noble and Massdrop! Thank you!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-noble-x-universal-iem/talk

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 25, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #351 of 766
Thanks Wizard for posting my post from Massdrop! Here is my mini first impressions review so far as well!

Visually they are really very nice. I like the way the light plays on the outside, and the intricacies of the machining of them is just stunning. Nice ovals intersecting one another overlaid with the embedded Noble logo is great. The diamond texture on the sides offers a nice contrast, and reflection of light from the sides.
Sound is exceptional or the price. Extremely detailed and revealing of the source you use. That isn't to say they don't still sound very good on my Galaxy S7 Edge, but they are certainly scale-able with a good amplifier. I enjoyed watching Rogue One using my tablet via USB to my Xduoo XD-05 and it was very moving. Music is also a great match with this as a wonderful portable combo. I had recently watched the movie on my home system in DTS-MA with full 7.1 channels (I have a full set of Golden Ear Titan II's with centers and surrounds with Outlaw Audio ampification), and it's a remarkable sounding movie, but with the Noble Massdrop's it was far more engaging. I felt fully enveloped in the movie. I've seen the movie a few times, and couldn't help but watch the whole thing over again including the full credits at the end! Even with my wife watching the tv in the background I didn't feel that there was any noise coming into my experience, which speaks to the great isolation they provide. I'm using the memory foam (larger of the two) right now, and they really do a perfect job of making sure you really hear only what you are listening to. Sound detail for effects was spot on. I feel that the attack on these are about the best I've heard in an IEM. Very articulate, which is probably why they reveal so much of the source amplifier. They have a bit of sparkle in my opinion, and while not overly so, they do make it easy to hear the small amounts of hiss on recordings, and subsequently the background quietness (or lack thereof) from your amplifier. Plugged into my Schitt Jotunheim they are just fricken great. Makes me want to purchase another cable to put a four pin XLR on the jack end to see what they are like via the balanced audio output. I've also found that they definitely benefit from burn-in, and I'm only in the tens of hours listening so far. They have evened out a bit, and I also found myself often turning the volume down as I listened since you really don't have to be very loud to hear absolutely every detail. It's also very possible they are just getting louder as they are being broken in. Anyway, just a few thoughts for now since I know there are other users out there that may want to comment, but since I think they will take some time to really peak into their abilities, I'll hold back on offering all my thoughts until then!

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #353 of 766
Lol its always those that pay extra for postage that get their gear before other users. I like me free cheapest postage though

finally my nobles are in ireland

now on whehicle for delivery :package:

got mine it's worth every eura even with import tax,
crisp like feck, best iem I've bought

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #354 of 766
That's actually pretty good shipping times to Ireland. I got mine on Saturday and I am in SoCal. Been burning them in since and will listen for more than 5 minutes at a time starting Wed night which will be @100 hours. Visually they look nice, the blue is not too blue yet not washed out, construction appears top notch and size, which honestly was a concern, is of no concern. They fit nicely. Brief listens I've given them they sound good, details coming thru, a little on the bright side but that is indicative of a dual BA, they aren't going to thump. I am pleased with the purchase, based on cost and pedigree; they are a value but long term listening will refine that value assessment for me. 
Just for reference first listens are thru a windows PC using FooBar2K, iFi iDSD as a DAC and Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp single end out to these. Portable will be Fiio X3II only. All source material is 44.1 to 96K FLAC mostly a few higher res MP3's. 

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #355 of 766
That's actually pretty good shipping times to Ireland. I got mine on Saturday and I am in SoCal. Been burning them in since and will listen for more than 5 minutes at a time starting Wed night which will be @100 hours. Visually they look nice, the blue is not too blue yet not washed out, construction appears top notch and size, which honestly was a concern, is of no concern. They fit nicely. Brief listens I've given them they sound good, details coming thru, a little on the bright side but that is indicative of a dual BA, they aren't going to thump. I am pleased with the purchase, based on cost and pedigree; they are a value but long term listening will refine that value assessment for me. 
Just for reference first listens are thru a windows PC using FooBar2K, iFi iDSD as a DAC and Cavalli Liquid Carbon amp single end out to these. Portable will be Fiio X3II only. All source material is 44.1 to 96K FLAC mostly a few higher res MP3's. 

I compared it to my pm4 and flare and flare has better mids and pm4 has better bass, noble has nice sparkle it's so crisp the scratching of vinyl is like so crisp. The sparkle is nice on it, bass and mids hm na flare is better mids, pm4 better bass. It's nice though.

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #356 of 766
Well if my Master ever ships I was hoping for a comparison there and my EE Spartan CIEM. That would be my best bass(push/pull DD plus BA) and best Mid/reference (4 BA) IEM's. But the Master is a week or two away, will need burned in to be fair and I'll be on vacation end of April so probably won't care at that point. I'll have to find some reference for bass. Bottom line my little bit of listening finds these a nice niche and well worth the price. All IMO and YMMV type disclaimers. 

Mar 27, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #357 of 766
Well if my Master ever ships I was hoping for a comparison there and my EE Spartan CIEM. That would be my best bass(push/pull DD plus BA) and best Mid/reference (4 BA) IEM's. But the Master is a week or two away, will need burned in to be fair and I'll be on vacation end of April so probably won't care at that point. I'll have to find some reference for bass. Bottom line my little bit of listening finds these a nice niche and well worth the price. All IMO and YMMV type disclaimers. 

PM4 is my low end reference, master is redesigned pm4

lots of wows with this nobles

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #358 of 766
PM4 is my low end reference, master is redesigned pm4

lots of wows with this nobles

Yep totally understand PM4 is now redesigned to be Master, it will be my third Trinity IEM. Just kind of feed up with their delays and going dark on people. Really wanted to use it as a reference point for Bass/sub-bass but I doubt that will happen and all my other IEM's are below the  level the Noble is so it would not be a fair comparison. I just gave the Nobles a quick listen while cooking dinner to Boston More than a Feeling, which is a song I know really well note for note and am impressed, vocals sparkle,  the cymbal crashes resonant  harmonic lines from the lead blend well like the master recording should. Only thing I am not felling is much ass line but will find another song that emphasizes that, maybe some Funk that I might know. The Noble's are at @50 hours straight thru and should be pretty well burned in.  

Mar 27, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #359 of 766
Yep totally understand PM4 is now redesigned to be Master, it will be my third Trinity IEM. Just kind of feed up with their delays and going dark on people. Really wanted to use it as a reference point for Bass/sub-bass but I doubt that will happen and all my other IEM's are below the  level the Noble is so it would not be a fair comparison. I just gave the Nobles a quick listen while cooking dinner to Boston More than a Feeling, which is a song I know really well note for note and am impressed, vocals sparkle,  the cymbal crashes resonant  harmonic lines from the lead blend well like the master recording should. Only thing I am not felling is much ass line but will find another song that emphasizes that, maybe some Funk that I might know. The Noble's are at @50 hours straight thru and should be pretty well burned in.  

These are my favorite iem, my pm4 has more bass and like bass head iem with silver filters, and I put flare microdriver in it and it's better and now perhaps fidue a73 ba. I don't like neither one separately except pm4 because of bass. The nobles are nice best iem too. For delays it will get posted at some point

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #360 of 766
Wow, so nice to read all these positive reviews on massdrop and here of people who received them.

I am so glad a friend ordered 2, so I can have one of his :wink:

Great job to deliver something so good for this price.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back