Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Nov 24, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #151 of 766
noble uses their own bas? I had Sony xba a2 and while it's nice I didn't like it. Delta and flare had been best of all iems I had but even ath m20x headphone for 60 euro bests all of them. fine tunning is totally paramount. The more dynamics iem has doesn't mean it's better ie ie800 has one dd and is way better than lots of stuff out der

Who said Noble manufactured their own BAs? 

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #153 of 766
I love reading some of the things that folks post on the head phone sites.  They all talk about how many or how big and how much money.  They read posts about how something sounds vs what they own already.  Can't tell unless you listen with your own ears. 

I have the Savants and they are outstanding.  Truly are to ME.  In this case size doesn't matter, but folks were reluctant to pay that kind of money once they found out it was only two units per side.  If you did blind listening tests, I bet you'd chose the Savants vs other higher priced IEM's if you value neutrality.  If you want fun, then there are others that Noble offers. I have found that dollar for dollar they offer superior sound quality.  Again, go listen to find out what you really like.

Nov 24, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #155 of 766
what bas do they use?

Well to my knowledge there are only a handful of BA manufacturers in the world (Knowles, Sonion, ...), and those manufacturers would design generic BAs, multi driver BA assemblies or even custom BAs for more demanding applications (audio industry).

Noble talks about 'Noble proprietary drivers' in most of their product descriptions. But this could mean anything: it could be a Knowles driver modded at the request of the brand, a Sonion driver tuned to meet a certain target, a triple driver assembly arranged in a specific way,...

Some other brands also describe their IEM as having 'custom' drivers, when it's actually just a Knowles driver with their own housemade tuning.

'custom', 'proprietary', are very vague terms imho, and are more relevant in terms of marketing than actual SQ.

Ps. just read your post FullCircle, thanks for the clarification!

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #156 of 766
you elaborate on the upgrade,thanks

it's like comparing a turd to cool stuff. I looked you like lcd2 and he400, I used both. He400 is nice but lcd2 is like if you get it it will be hard to upgrade cause it's better than even hd800 of sennheiser. I don't know how these nobles on mass drop stack up to Ltd 2, the only thing if you have a good dac or dac and amp it would improve overall output, **** in **** out, you basically listen to bit rate, dac amp and hp, not just headset. getting something like noble or lcd2 to use on smartphone android is nutty or ignorant

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #157 of 766
  From Nobel website their pricing policy usually more ba the price is higher except the SAGE

DJANGO 6ba=999

DULCE BASS 5ba=699

SAVANNA 4ba=499

RIDENT 3ba =399

SAGE 2ba=599 ~ Nobel X 2ba=249?maybe 249 is the true price of SAGE

That I join and cancel order. I think the price is reasonable only. It is not a very big discount.

First, Noble does not sell balanced armature drivers. Noble sells in ear monitors, custom in ear monitors, studio monitors and accessories. If you would like to purchase balanced armature drivers, you can do so through mouser or digikey.

Second, Massdrop commissioned the build of the Noble X, and purchased a volume of units that compelled Noble to offer a substantial discount.  Offering wholesale prices to the general public is essentially the cornerstone business structure of Massdrop.  

Third, The true price of the Sage is $599 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 24, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #158 of 766
Well as I said a few posts ago,  I was able to hear most of the IEM thatNoble makes at a Head-Fi Meet and they sounded amazing. lJokerl usually scores the models he tests rather well.
Noble makes very good IEMs no matter how you look at them, some of the best if not the best in their categories. I have faith based on what I have heard before...

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #159 of 766
Ah, I'm in for a pair.  I've been curious about Noble IEMs.  My current go-to IEMs are Shure SE846 and Etymotic ER4X, so I'm curious how the Noble X will compare.  I normally would question how good a dual-BA could sound, but considering how impressive Etymotic can make a single BA sound, maybe Noble can do some magic with dual-BAs.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #160 of 766
I love reading some of the things that folks post on the head phone sites.  They all talk about how many or how big and how much money.  They read posts about how something sounds vs what they own already.  Can't tell unless you listen with your own ears. 

I have the Savants and they are outstanding.  Truly are to ME.  In this case size doesn't matter, but folks were reluctant to pay that kind of money once they found out it was only two units per side.  If you did blind listening tests, I bet you'd chose the Savants vs other higher priced IEM's if you value neutrality.  If you want fun, then there are others that Noble offers. I have found that dollar for dollar they offer superior sound quality.  Again, go listen to find out what you really like.

Could not agree more with this comment..
I purchased the Savants after auditioning other Noble offerings with more driver count. I also have auditioned other multi BAs (with much more driver count) from other brands and did not regret having the Savants.

Again, I truly love and value a balanced presentation.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #162 of 766
Could not agree more with this comment..
I purchased the Savants after auditioning other Noble offerings with more driver count. I also have auditioned other multi BAs (with much more driver count) from other brands and did not regret having the Savants.

Again, I truly love and value a balanced presentation.

Well, since the noble x seems to be lumped into the same class as the savant and sage and considering the wizards words above, I really hope this represents a great value and an introduction that I can actually afford (well justify really) into higher end audio. And that the low price really is just a result of a good partnership and not a sacrifice in build or audio quality.

The driver count seemed a bit low at first, but coming from lower end stuff and considering that my personal top of the line (Pinnacle P1) is just a single dynamic, I know that there is much more to sound quality than simply driver count, and from what I know about noble, I have high hopes for these.

Nov 25, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #163 of 766
Still no comparison to the CA Nova? I was really hoping to get someones opinion on this. I can't be the only one who jumped on the Nova drop who is also eyeing these. Two dual BA driver iems in the mid-fi space....  Also, do the Noble iems present any difficulty for small eared gentleman such as myself? They look so large in the photos.

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #164 of 766
Well, since the noble x seems to be lumped into the same class as the savant and sage and considering the wizards words above, I really hope this represents a great value and an introduction that I can actually afford (well justify really) into higher end audio. And that the low price really is just a result of a good partnership and not a sacrifice in build or audio quality.

The driver count seemed a bit low at first, but coming from lower end stuff and considering that my personal top of the line (Pinnacle P1) is just a single dynamic, I know that there is much more to sound quality than simply driver count, and from what I know about noble, I have high hopes for these.

What type of sound that you're looking for?

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #165 of 766
  From Nobel website their pricing policy usually more ba the price is higher except the SAGE

DJANGO 6ba=999

DULCE BASS 5ba=699

SAVANNA 4ba=499

RIDENT 3ba =399

SAGE 2ba=599 ~ Nobel X 2ba=249?maybe 249 is the true price of SAGE

That I join and cancel order. I think the price is reasonable only. It is not a very big discount.

Did you join just to post that? lol or were you a lurker previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back