Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Nov 24, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #91 of 766
reserve

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #92 of 766
Man massdrop is costing me money lol.  I was lucky enough to get the HD6XX, now i may have to get these to replace my Vsonic GR07.  It does say drop incative though.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #96 of 766
Well, goodbye 250 dollars... Stupid massdrop. Ok, but seriously Im definitely absolutely done spending money on audio gear for a while, seriously. Really.

By the way this launch seems a lot smoother than the 6XX launch. No issues refreshing or getting it in. Don't know if the demand is quite as high or just that massdrop learned its lesson from last time, but no issues whatsoever for me.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #99 of 766
  Well, goodbye 250 dollars... Stupid massdrop. Ok, but seriously Im definitely absolutely done spending money on audio gear for a while, seriously. Really.

By the way this launch seems a lot smoother than the 6XX launch. No issues refreshing or getting it in. Don't know if the demand is quite as high or just that massdrop learned its lesson from last time, but no issues whatsoever for me.

Wait till Massdrop announce the next big collaboration! 
L3000.gif

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #100 of 766
I'm in, can't wait to get these. That was pretty easy, guess the demand wasn't as bad as some others...damn nice price.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #101 of 766

Wait till Massdrop announce the next big collaboration! 
L3000.gif

Nope, definitely done. Totally, absolutely... probably not. Stupid massdrop!

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #103 of 766
I have been going back and forth getting Nobles for 2-3 years now. I really want CIEMS but as we all know that is just out of the price range of a lot's for now and maybe tons longer.
As I have heard almost the entire line at a local Philadelphia Head-Fi meet I know I am going to be getting something I really will like. 

I was torn about getting a get set of Trinity's but I have never heard them and I do hesitate at buying things I have not heard. I got in on the Wireless buds on KS they offered, and if I really like them I can think about them later!

I want to enjoy these, for now, I know they will sound good and represent a SOLID bargain, in the end, that is the best one can ask for, quality, value, and some of the best sound for the money.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #105 of 766
A -   The Savants had the same housing

B -  The Sage has the same housing

C -  Time wise, there is not enough time to

1 - Design a new housing
       2 - Proof out a new housing (SLA rapid prototype)
       3 - CNC a new mold used for injection molding
       4 - Test the new mold

A process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 6 months or even more depending on the complexity.

D -  From a costs perspective, if MassDrop would have requested a new housing design, the retail price of the Noble X would have been significantly higher

E - Brand recognition/association - if you know Noble, you know that housing is a Noble product

Agree or not, those are some of the reasons why the Noble X uses the standard classic housing that is used throughout the Noble Classic line.

That makes perfect sense.

Just curious, how are the drivers secured? Silicon boots or glued in place? Or something else entirely?

Looking forward to my first Noble... It's gonna be a long wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back