Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Nov 23, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #61 of 766
  Recessed mids, that concerns me
confused.gif
. Returned Pinnacle P1as I felt mids were recessed. Hope thats not the case here. 
tomscy2000: please comment on how they sound with vocal-centric music

+1 on this. It is only concern for me to jump on this IEM.

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #62 of 766
I've tried the k10 and they were lighter than the dunu so you're good
Can anyone chime in about how heavy these are?  They look kind of bulky.  I had a pair of Dunu DN-1000's and liked the sound but they were so heavy, they would slide out of my ears.

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #64 of 766
It's a long wait...won't ship until 15th of March.

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #66 of 766
Is this lightning cable MFI approved? I mean certified Apple chipset? I'd be jumping on it if it is so, otherwise I might only get the earphones.
I got my hands on one chinese made lightning audio connector, probably hacked version and it sounded meh. But i guess the more important issue is I don't really want the cable to fail with one iOS updates, just like many of my non-MFI power cables
atsmile.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #72 of 766

I only heard the Sage for a few moments, nothing long term, but here are brief thoughts on the FR of the upper midrange to treble between the Savant (gift from Wizard), Sage (auditioned briefly), and Noble X (sample from Massdrop):

2.5k to 5k: Savant > Sage > X
5k to 8k: Savant ≈ Sage > X
8k to 12k: Savant > Sage > X
12k to 16k: Savant ≈ Sage >> X

The Sage, to me, has slightly smoother treble than the Savant but is in general similar. It has more forward mids and more tamed upper mids, which makes it a more pleasant sounding earphone (to my ears).

The Noble X, to me, has more recessed mids and upper mids than both the Sage and Savant. It has a more present lower mid presentation than the Savant, but has quite a bit more bass.

Of course, the Savant is now discontinued in favor of the Sage. The Noble X does *not* have that similar of a presentation to the Sage. The bass is somewhat similar in quality, but because the mids and highs between the two models are quite different, the quantity of bass seems fairly different. The Noble X will have more perceived bass than the Sage, less forward mids than the Sage, and more relaxed treble. Personally, I would prefer the Sage to the Noble X, but that's not to say others won't feel the opposite. The Sage is more forward and full in the mids, and that's its bread and butter. The Noble X is a little more V-shaped, but doesn't have grating highs or anything disturbing like that. Because the mids take a slight backseat, the texture of the bass will come out a teeny bit more. JM2C

That would make the 2.5k bump that was described by another poster be quite tame and perhaps even welcome. Thanks for that.

Nov 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #75 of 766
The savant had the least bass response out of the group, the sage has more bass response than the savant, and has similar highs as the savant. The noble x has essentially the same lows as the sage, but the high frequency response is not the same as the sage.

Three different products, three different sound signatures

Some consolation for me since my savant universal just arrived..
Thanks John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back