Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Jul 25, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #616 of 766
Listening to my Noble X with QP1R since Saturday and my impressions are sort of a mixed bag. While they are overall enjoyable, smooth sounding very comfortable IEMs with good layering capabilities and decent soundstage, I cannot get rid of the feeling the X have too darkish tonality for my taste and lack dynamics to be truly enjoyable. Probably it's partly a question of choosing the right tips but I'm not sure it can fundamentally change their sound signature.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #619 of 766
After a few weeks of wanting to really like the X I've decided to let them go. They have a very relaxed sound. They are great for bed duties as they are so relaxed. But I do wish they had a bit more treble and more bass.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #621 of 766
Well, after changing tips to Hifiman ones the character of Noble X has changed and I don't find them so laid back and relaxed as with the stock tips. It's not a night and day difference but I clearly hear more treble extension, more midbass body, deeper reaching subbass and more midrange clarity. It would be exciting to try some more tips. It's a pity that Trinity tips don't fit as I have a bunch of them.

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Aug 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #622 of 766
Well, after changing tips to Hifiman ones the character of Noble X has changed and I don't find them so laid back and relaxed as with the stock tips. It's not a night and day difference but I clearly hear more treble extension, more midbass body, deeper reaching subbass and more midrange clarity. It would be exciting to try some more tips. It's a pity that Trinity tips don't fit as I have a bunch of them.
Try some JVC Spiral Dots if you can get them. It opened mine up considerably at least to my ears.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #626 of 766
Is the Noble X a worthwile upgrade from the Shure SE215?

Looking to upgrade from my se215 after a year of use. Tonality-wise I like the shure, although it's a little too dark and muddy. How does the Noble X compare?
Also wondering if I should get a Dragonfly black/red to drive them (currently using an iphone 6), how revealing are the Noble X? On the se215 there's barely a sound upgrade going from the iphone to even my Chord Hugo, so I haven't bothered with it yet.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #629 of 766
Is the Noble X a worthwile upgrade from the Shure SE215?

Looking to upgrade from my se215 after a year of use. Tonality-wise I like the shure, although it's a little too dark and muddy. How does the Noble X compare?
Also wondering if I should get a Dragonfly black/red to drive them (currently using an iphone 6), how revealing are the Noble X? On the se215 there's barely a sound upgrade going from the iphone to even my Chord Hugo, so I haven't bothered with it yet.

I have no experience with Shure SE215 but I can say if you are looking for detailed sounding IEMs look elsewhere. Not that Noble X are dark sounding however I'd hardly call them revealing. For me even with JVC Spiral Dots or Hifiman tips they still sound too smooth and relaxed to be considered for critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back