Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #212 of 766
I'm curious why people are requesting comparisons.
Have these been sold on Massdrop previously ?
Because I only see one person who gave early impressions so far (and I'm not sure how he got to audition them since the delivery is end of March).
Not being critical, just curious.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #213 of 766
Because I only see one person who gave early impressions so far (and I'm not sure how he got to audition them since the delivery is end of March).

About 5-10 reviewers got preview copies from massdrop.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #215 of 766
don't want to wait don't buy, too expensive don't buy rather self explanatory
there are not too many reviewers with noble mass drop sample to make comparisons.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #216 of 766
Jude made the comparison of the Noble X to the Savant, calling it a Savant+.  This could be purely because of the increased bass presence, it could be because he felt the overall balance was equal to a Savant but with more bass authority.  In my opinion the Savant is a bargain in the audio world, a combination of quality and superb performance.  The target use case being an IEM that has superbly balanced performance across the spectrum at 1/3rd the price of flagship performance.  If the Noble X is anywhere near the performance of the Savant I would consider it to be an outright steal at the massdrop price.  For me, it is about quality of construction, aesthetics, and sheer performance.  I am tired of $100-$300 IEMs that are not built with anywhere near the quality of construction, attention to detail, and aesthetics of the Noble products. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #217 of 766
  Jude made the comparison of the Noble X to the Savant, calling it a Savant+.  This could be purely because of the increased bass presence, it could be because he felt the overall balance was equal to a Savant but with more bass authority.  In my opinion the Savant is a bargain in the audio world, a combination of quality and superb performance.  The target use case being an IEM that has superbly balanced performance across the spectrum at 1/3rd the price of flagship performance.  If the Noble X is anywhere near the performance of the Savant I would consider it to be an outright steal at the massdrop price.  For me, it is about quality of construction, aesthetics, and sheer performance.  I am tired of $100-$300 IEMs that are not built with anywhere near the quality of construction, attention to detail, and aesthetics of the Noble products. 

Increased bass presence is touchy for me.. as I went from a Shure SE210, which had crazy amount of bass, to the Pinnacle P1 (both of which are in this price range).  Would these be comparable to the SE210 or a long the same neutral lines as the P1 with a bit of a bass boost?

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #218 of 766
kinda tempted though haven't owned a high-end IEM yet and unsure of buying without a return policy.

would these resell easily if I didn't like the sound when they arrived in March?
confused_face.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #219 of 766

These are the first time they have been dropped ever, and I believe Noble gave a few pairs out for people to audition and review. I'm not sure everyone is aware that that these are a brand new thing, so a lot want comparisons to avoid wasting money.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #220 of 766
  kinda tempted though haven't owned a high-end IEM yet and unsure of buying without a return policy.

would these resell easily if I didn't like the sound when they arrived in March?
confused_face.gif

I doubt there will be many more reviews before the drop ends. 

You have two options:  
Jump in and resell if you don't like them.
Wait until they are released and have more reviews to see if the SQ appears to be to your liking.  You could then purchase a used pair.  

If you decide to jump in now and decide to resell it's possible you won't recover your initial investment.  As with anything it will depend on demand.  If the SQ is similar to the Savant then the resale price may go up.  If SQ is comparable to peers in its price range the resale price will likely slightly lower since it is used.  I doubt there will be a serious problem with the SQ since it is coming from Noble so I would expect in the worst case you will have to resell for a few % points off $249 price.  I suspect these few % points will be lower than normal return policy restocking fees.  If you can afford the $249 I would go ahead and jump in.  

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #221 of 766
I have added more IEMs and other types of in/around-ears for direct comparison to the Massdrop x Noble X if interested, here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/massdrop-x-noble-x-universal-iem/reviews/17389.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #222 of 766
Afternoon All
I've been lurking round these parts for ages but never really felt inclined to sign up and comment myself as there are so many people with more knowledge and experience than me (Which is my I so enjoy reading the reviews/comments/opinions).
However, after reading the reviews, lusting over the descriptions and fawning over the pictures of Noble products which are basically out of my price range, to have the Noble X appear, like a beacon of light, shining down on my moth eaten wallet, well, i had to join in!
I didn't think I'd get much of an opportunity to own a Noble product, but this has changed everything for me (and probably others like me who sit on the periphery wishing we could get involved). I know envy is unsightly and everything but I've wanted to adorn my ears with a Noble iem for an age. Now i can. Even my wife didn't say no!!!
This is truly exciting for me.
To those berating the wait time, ho hum. The reduction in price is easily worth waiting for. I get the impression that some people are used to being able to just throw money at a queue to get anything they want straight away. But i digress...
Thank you Massdrop and Noble for giving me this opportunity to own something i wouldn't otherwise of been able to afford.
I can't chuffin' wait!
I'm not going to ask for a comparison, I'll just assume that they're going to be a tad better than my Shure SE215.
And Wizard, at some point, once I've sold a kidney or my wife or something, I'll send in my order for a pair of Kaisers :wink:
Thanks guys
Have grand days all round

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #223 of 766
Nov 28, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #224 of 766
I have added more IEMs and other types of in/around-ears for direct comparison to the Massdrop x Noble X if interested, here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/massdrop-x-noble-x-universal-iem/reviews/17389.

In a word, you really don't like the X do you? Your only statement going for it is that you should get it only if you need to buy a Noble IEM, and only because of its price point.

Not criticizing of course, maybe thanking you, will be canceling my place in this drop and saving up for some Campfires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back